Chapter 19: New Mornings

Start from the beginning

Suddenly the door to their bathroom flew open and there was Felix who was looking into the room with curious eyes. Felix and Changbin's room was connected to theirs by the shared bathroom, and Felix was checking to make sure they both weren't still asleep after he didn't see either of them washing up.

"Good, you're both awake," he stopped for a moment feeling the tension in the room. "Uh... was just checking on you guys because I know that Jisung likes to sleep in even after Jeongin wakes everyone up. Seungmin is usually the one that makes sure he gets out of bed, so since you aren't sharing with him anymore, I was just double checking, but everything seems fine."

"Pfft. A lot of good Seungmin did me. Half of the time he wouldn't even bother."

"So that was Jeongin just now? Thought as much, but it still scared the shit out of me. Does he do that every morning?" Minho questioned.

"Yup. Ever since he figured out how to control his gift enough to not have it destroy everything when he uses it. It actually tends to wake up the entire academy, but they have classes to get to, as well, so they are thankful for it. He is like our human school bell," Felix explained while laughing at his comparison before disappearing back into the bathroom.

It took a bit of time for the four of them to figure out a decent routine without them bumping into each other. Jisung was the fastest to get ready, Changbin was the slowest, but when all four were set for the day, they went downstairs to the dining hall where they met up with Woojin, Hyunjin, Seungmin, and Jeongin who were already getting food from a buffet table.

"Where's Chan?" Minho asked, curious about the leader's whereabouts.

"He had to give JYP the report on the outcome of the mission and help debrief all the new Gifteds at the academy," Woojin explained as he grabbed another plate and gave it to Minho for him to fill.

"What's going to happen to all of them now? I know I guaranteed Ryujin and Yuna a spot at the academy, but I didn't know that Beomgyu and Taehyun would need my help, as well, until last night. Can they stay here as well?"

"That's entirely up to them. We don't restrict Gifteds from coming or going once they are aware of it here," Woojin reassured. "We do have certain security measures in place, though, if they decide to leave."

"Security measures? Like what?"

"Dowoon hyung's gift," Jisung suddenly interrupted and pointed to a table where there were five older boys eating together across the dining hall. "He's actually over there eating with his team, Day6. He is the one closest to the wall." Minho followed where Jisung was pointing to see a dark haired boy with somewhat of a babyface, nodding along to a conversation going on among the people he was sitting with. "His gift is, like, super cool. Whatever people promise him, they have to do no matter what. It's entirely dependent on people making promises to him, and it's a Rank 1 ability, so he can't prevent it from taking effect, but it is still very handy. If people who know about the academy decide not to enroll, they have to make a promise to Dowoon hyung that they won't tell any Normie or Gifted not in dire need about the school."

Minho nodded in acknowledgment, understanding that the academy seemed to just want to protect all the enrolled students, meaning no harm in that mission. They finished getting their food and pushed two tables together so they could all eat together. It was surprisingly quiet at first as everyone stuffed their faces. It seemed as if the only way to make Stray Kids quiet was to give them food.

While everyone was eating, Minho took note of the adorable way Jisung stuffed both his cheeks while he was eating like a little chipmunk, but the silence only lasted a couple of minutes before everyone was snapped back into a conversation. Felix dropped his chopsticks down on the table and leaned back while groaning in his seat dramatically.