“Did you just call me a bitch?”

He appeared in the doorway of the bathroom, brushing his teeth.  “What’s your problem?” he mumbled.

“I don’t have one,”

He turned back into the bathroom and I could hear him spit, then he reappeared, waving his toothbrush at me.  “Are you fucking pmsing or something?”

I glared at him, suddenly wanted to claw his eyes out.  “No, I’m not,”

“You’ve been bitchy,” he shoved his toothbrush back in his mouth. “Even last night,”

“Because, I wasn’t in the mood for sex?”

“It has nothing to do with sex,” he snapped.  “I’m not that fucking shallow,”

“I’m not doing this with you,” I rolled my eyes.

“Good,” he shrugged.

“Bastard,” I mumbled as he disappeared back into the bathroom.

“Cunt,”

I turned to him, eyes wide. “What did you just say?”

“Not a god damn thing,” he came out of the bathroom and started digging in his suitcase.

“Oh, you want to talk shit and not own it?”

“Go find something to do,” he snapped. “I’m not in the mood for your bullshit today,”

“What bullshit?”

“You’re on my fucking nerves!” he raised his voice at me.

“Fine,” I grabbed my purse and turned to leave the room.   “Love you too, prick,”

I leaned against the closed door and tried to choke back the tears that were threatening to fall.  Honestly, things hadn’t been good between us for a couple weeks now.  I’m not sure why, but we had grown apart.  We’ve done well at pretending everything was okay between us, but it had gotten to the point that behind closed doors, we were fighting more than anything else.

~~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Zayn’s POV:

I had just finished my morning cigarette and came in off the balcony, when I heard a knock on the door.  I quickly pulled on a t-shirt over my pajama pants and opened the door, finding Katelyn on the other side.  Her cheeks were red and her eyes were puffy, obviously she had been crying.

“Hey,” I said softly, reaching out to touch her arm. “You okay?”

“Oh yeah,” she sniffled and wiped her eyes once more.  “Just Niall,”

I nodded, not sure of what I was supposed to say.  I knew they had been having problems for a while, but Niall had asked that I not mention to anyone. “Sorry,” I said softly.

“No big deal.  Is Kaylyn up?”

“Yeah,” I moved to the side to let her come in the room.  “She’s in the shower,”

“Oh my god,” she squealed as the puppy appeared from under the covers on the bed and wagged her little tail.  “What is that!”

“That’s Tawny,” I grinned.  “Who’s become more of a pain in the ass in 12 hours than you can even begin to imagine,”

“Awww,” she scooped her up in her arms, Tawny licked her face.  “She still has puppy breath! Oh my god! How is this precious little thing any kind of pain in the ass?”

“Ask my pack of cigarettes, my phone, and Kaylyn’s shoes,”

“Uh oh,” she cooed at the little puppy cradled in her arms.  “You’re so super cute though,”