Chapter 9~ Past

The Queen sat before us with Zym on her head. Peace? Her voice turned a chilly cold tone. How do I now can I trust? "My brother, Ezran is the.... is the new king and is the one responsible of finding the egg. I can ensure you that he is trustworthy." Callum said. "And I'm sure Zym can back up our story." Rayla said hazily. I nodded. She frowned and then looked up at Zym. They spoke for about ten minutes and then she made her decision. If you and your species agrees to never do dark magic or threaten me people then I will agree to create peace on my side. I felt my heart explode Oh. My. God. Did we really just do that? I looked at Callum and Rayla who were both smiling. Then they hugged and I tackled them to the ground. "WE DID IT!!!" I cried over joyed. Peace has happened. Although peace is a fantastic thing to happen, there was a couple bad things. Like we had to leave. Now that the mission was over..... well, we had to go home. I could feel the feeling that I experienced before Ezran found me swell in my chest.

*Flashback* 

A young girl, under the age of 6 was running for her life. She could hear the sounds of horses racing to catch her along with the howling of dogs. She had just crashed, having not a clue in the world on how to fly. But it wasn't the horrid creatures that haunted her that scared her more like the flashing of fire and blood, screaming and shouting and then the last thing she saw before she was blow away by a wind spell. Her dad. He whispered a goodbye, telling her to run and never come back. She fought him crying out that she would never leave him. There was banging as the humans bashed down the door. He whispered the last thing he would ever say to her. "Summer. I love you okay? Never let them find you. And I'm sorry that I never told you this. Your nothing like them, okay? Your what I call a Sun-serpent. Your nothing like them, okay? I love you." He kissed her and pushed back, drawing symbols in the air that were a light blue. The door smashed open and he blow a massive gust of wind, catching onto the girl's wings blowing her up into the air. She let out a cry, struggling against the gust, crying and unable to do anything. He sat down along the rubble smiling and the humans can up to him. The humans can up to him, sword drawn ready to strike. Dark, crimson blood spilled over the rocks and the girl, blown away from the burning site had an image that would haunt the inside of her brain for the rest of her life.

*End of flashback*

I swallowed. I felt sick again. We had left the mountain and Rayla had made it official that Xadia was not in war mode any more. Zym was very sad to leave us but over the top about seeing his mum. We were back to the grass far away from the over heated volcano. I was in my Sun-serpent form, flapping my wings as we landed sending leaves everywhere. I sighed quietly stretching my wings and then I said, "If you want me to I can take you guys home. Mainly you Callum." Rayla and Callum looked at each other and then Callum said, "Rayla is already coming to see Ezran and it would be really awesome if you could fly us home....." "Absolutely" I said nodding. I climbed up a tree and curled up, spreading one wing and offering the other to help them onto the first one. I laid my head down and started thinking. Well one thing circled around my head along with what to do with my life. The last couple minutes were super weird.

The sun flashed at me cheerful at as it rose up over the line of the horizon. I was flying in the pastel sun set sky, the light bringing out all of my colours. Rayla and Callum were both still sleeping. I couldn't sleep last night so once both of them were in deep sleep I separated them (It was IMPOSSIBLE to get them a part) and placed them on my back. My back was relatively flat so that wasn't a problem. I had flown all night even though I was exhausted. I couldn't sleep, for every time I closed my eyes that...... moment replayed in my head. I had ate some berries and a Xadia bird which was SUPER weird. But the lush, multi-coloured forest of Xadia was long gone now. The breach was about a half a days flight form here, the landscape had already changed to a rock mountain slide. I yawned, stretching my stiff legs, tilting my wing ever so slightly sending my into a air rift. I sighed letting the tenseness go and let the air rift do the work for me.

I felt Callum wake up and let out a yelp to find that he was in the air. Rayla awoke instantly and jumped up, toppling off my back. I dipped out of the air rift and caught Rayla with my claw that wasn't full of berries. "WHAT IN XADIA ARE WE DO UP HERE?!?!?!" She screamed as I snickered. "Hold your horses Rayla," I said, tossing her up so she landed on my back. "it's the minute you wake up that you fall off my back. Who knew!" "Summer this is not funny!! I could of died!!" She yelled and I smiled. "Buuuuut you didn't." I answered cheekily. I kept on flying, returning back to the air rift. Once I was in the air rift I pasted up the berries. "I grabbed some berries" I said feeling Callum grab them. "Didn't you eat this morning?" Callum asked popping a moon berry in his mouth. "Yes. I did eat this morning. I couldn't sleep last night so....." "YOU DIDN'T SLEEP AT ALL LAST NIGHT?!?!?" Rayla yelped. "Um... yes?" I answered quietly. Rayla just sighed. We kept on flying for the rest of that day, reaching the breach by lunch time. I had to land so that the humans guarding the breach didn't see us.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGATHA!!!!!!!!!!!!! 62 READS!!!!! I MOST BEING GOING BLIND!!!

Sorry about that its just that I have never, I repeat NEVER got that many reads or likes or comments or what ever EVER. So.......... THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you amazing people out there for reading my book it just shows that there are other people that enjoy TDP as much as I do. Also HAPPY EASTER!!!🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫🐇🐇🐰🐰!!!!!!!