Things Have Changed~ Chapter 15

Last Time

 Laura's POV

Since I wanted to go home, Ross decided to walk me home. We were on the road my house was in. Many people are around my house. What happened? There isn't a fire, but I hear a scream. Vanessa's scream. I started running towards my house. Ross is running right behind me. I got through the people . I looked back and Ross got lost in the crowd. I can't wait for him. Vanessa might be suffering. I look in front of me to see my house. My house is destroyed. I ran even faster inside and I saw a combination I wish I would never see in my life.

End of POV

Present

General Marano: *on the floor* *bloody*

Vanessa: *Behind ???* *Crying*

???: *Angry*

Laura: *Runs inside* Dad! Ness!

???: *ignores Laura* You should have thought of your actions!

General Marano: We are not going to hurt them! 

???: I need to be certain! There is only one way I can be certain! *looks at Vanessa* *looks back at General Marano*

Vanessa: No! Please don't hurt him!

Laura: *scared* Eric! Please! Don't!

Eric: *looks at Laura* It's too late to dearie! I need to be certain. *Vampire Speeds to General Marano* I did this with Ellen. I've always wanted to do this to you. *sucking his blood {aka killing him}*

Vanessa & Laura: *shocked* No!

Eric: *Stops* Ah! There is just one more thing. *Looks at Vanessa*

Laura: Ness!

Vanessa: *runs away*

Eric: *Vampire Speeds to Vanessa* You are coming with me. *Grabs Vanessa & Vampire Speeds away*

Laura: Dad! *Runs to General Marano* 

General Marano: *weakly* It's o-okay. Y-you h-ated me anyw-way

Ross: *Finally gets past crowd* *runs to General Marano & Laura*

Laura: *crying* No, dad, I don't hate you.

General Marano: I need to see mom again.

Laura: No! No dad! Please no! You can't leave. Mom is dead, Vanessa can die any minute. I can't lose you.

General Marano: Sorry for all the pain I caused you both. I l-love you L-laura. *takes last breath* *gone*

Laura: Dad? Dad! *cries on General Marano's chest* 

Ross: *guilty* *kneels with Laura*

Ross' POV

It's all my fault. It's my fault why General Marano is dead. It is all my fault why Eric took Vanessa and Riker might suffer. It is my fault why the Marano's house is destroy. It is my fault for Laura's pain. Everything is my fault. I should be the one suffering. I need to stay away from her if I want to need her safe. Once the mission is over, I will tell her I am a vampire and stay away from her and her life. And from the looks of things, it is almost finished. It isn't going to be easy. I think I love her. 

End of POV

Laura's POV

He's gone. I can't believe he is actually gone! I'm lonely. The only person I have is Ross and part of his family. He needs to help me get Vanessa back.