The Role You Were Born to Play

Discussion question! If you could make any reoccurring Glee Character into a main character, who would it be?

For me, other than Sebastian, obviously, I'd really like to see more of Rory or Ryder. Ryder really got the short end of the stick, and no one really talks about the fact that Marley literally dumped him because he rescheduled a date to see a doctor that specialized in dyslexia, which he had just found out he had. I felt like this was super unfair of Marley and no one ever really mentions it again. And Rory is my baby and deserved more than that weird episode where he and Artie fight over Sugar.

Sebastian stared at the purple discoloring on his wrist. It was almost beautiful, really. A swirl of color on his pale skin that had the faint shaping of fingers gripping too hard. He knew he shouldn't let Hunter get away with everything he does, but he also knew what it would look like if he told anyone. He'd be the spoiled rich kid throwing a tantrum when he didn't get what he wanted. No, he wouldn't say anything, for now.

He tore his gaze away from his wrist as he pulled down his sleeve and looked at the text from Sam Evans for what felt like the hundredth time.

Here's Barry's phone number and address. In case you change your mind.

Followed by a phone number and Aunt Millie's address. He wanted to call his brother so badly it almost hurt. But Barry had made it clear he didn't want to talk to him. It had to be done. With a deep breath, Sebastian deleted the message, and it felt like he was officially cutting himself out of Barry's life, for good.

Sebastian forced himself to stand and walked towards the choir room, ready to face another rehearsal with Hunter. 

*****

"As president and vice president, we can pretty much decree whichever parts we want, right?" Sam asked Blaine as they signed up for Grease auditions.

"I'm not sure I'm gonna do the musical this year," Blaine said miserably as he leaned against the bulletin board. "I'm not in the right headspace to do a project like Grease. Since Kurt and I broke up, I haven't slept, I lost my appetite. I don't even gel on weekends."

"This is pretty serious, then," Sam said somewhat sarcastically.

"Sam, Kurt was my soul mate. We talked about spending the rest of our lives together. About retiring in Provincetown and buying a lighthouse and starting an artists' colony. And now he won't even return my calls. He won't text me. And that Gilmore girls box set I sent him was returned to me, unopened. He's gone. Maybe forever.

"Dude, I get it, except for the lighthouse part.," Sam said, comfortingly. "But look, everybody's been there. You'll get through it."

Blaine sighed and walked away slowly with a far-off look on his face.

"What's up with Blaine?" Barry asked as he walked up and stared at Blaine.

"Relationship issues," Sam said simply. "Hey, I'm sorry about Friday, by the way. We shouldn't have gotten involved like that."

Barry shrugged, "It's okay, you guys were just trying to help. My relationship with my brother is complicated, though."

Sam thought for a moment. Sebastian wouldn't make the first move and talk to Barry because he thought Barry didn't want to talk to him. Maybe. . .

"Hey, Barry. I have his number, do you want to talk to him? You guys could work things out, and I'm sure Seb-Nathaniel misses you."

Barry shook his head, "If he missed me he wouldn't have left in the first place. Besides, I have nothing to say to him."