Halloween

Harry grinned as he gazed at his image in the mirror. Hermione had helped him curl his hair and dust it with white powder, and also used it to lighten his skin. He had used a spell to grow a mustache and goatee, using special wax to shape it just right. Deep red make-up had been painted almost all the way around his neck. The rented pale grey doublet and breeches finished off his costume.

"You look just like Nearly Headless-Nick," Hermione said with satisfaction. She had even ordered him disposable muggle contact lenses to wear for the night instead of his glasses. He hardly even recognized himself.

"Too bad there's no way to really look partially decapitated," Ron added. He was dressed head to toe in a Chudley Cannons uniform, the dark brown Keeper shields covering up some of the bright orange fabric. It wasn't that different that his normal Gryffindor uniform, except for the jersey.

"As long as I can have a break from being Harry Potter for a night, that's enough for me." Harry chuckled back, glancing down at a dog-eared paper on the table.

DESPERATELY SEEKING SEEKERS

Now that Lord Voldemort has been defeated, will dishy Harry Potter be turning his attention back to love?

Looking at his past romantic interests, we have spotted an interesting similarity. Quidditch beauties Cho Chang and Ginny Weasley were both playing as Seekers when they caught Harry's eye. Is that his type?

Sources say that things have fizzled with GW (perhaps because she's a Chaser now?).

But with seven Quidditch teams at Hogwarts this year, Harry has a many options. Ravenclaw Su Li, or the girls from the junior teams, Gryffindor Romilda Vane or even Ravenclaw Gabrielle Delacour, recently transferred from Beauxbatons school in France. All Seekers, and all single...

The Oracle will be keeping a close eye on what develops!

-Nevermind your Ps and Qs, The All-Knowing, All-Seeing Oracle is your first source of juicy Hogwarts gossip! -

As things had settled into normal routines at Hogwarts, somebody had decided to stir things up with a daily gossip newsletter, called The Oracle. Anonymously, of course. It was mostly false news and outlandish rumors, but featured Harry's name far too often.

"That new story will die down soon. Just ignore it." Running a brush through her straight blond hair, Hermione looked almost as unrecognizable as Harry did. She had transfigured her curly, dark hair for the night, and was wearing a rented mermaid costume. It consisted of a narrow skirt made out of shiny teal fabric, that split near her ankles and swooped out to a large fish tail suspended at her side by a string from her wrist. She wore bold make-up and a fancy headpiece made out of seashells.

Ron was looking at her disapprovingly though. "Are you really going to wear that?"

She gave him an exasperated look. "Why wouldn't I?"

Harry could only smirk to himself at their bickering. It was a little refreshing hearing it, like all the years they'd been at school together. Much more familiar than seeing them cuddling and stealing kisses.

"You are showing a lot of skin," Ron waved a hand over her upper body.

The top part of the costume was a small corset in fabric that matched the skirt, and it left her stomach, shoulders and arms bare. Her small breasts were completely covered, so Harry didn't think it was showing more than any typical bathing suit would, but he wisely kept out of their argument.

They kept it up all the way down the stairs to the Great Hall, where they were all left speechless by the decorations. Carved pumpkins glowing with candles inside floated above their heads, giving off a flickering golden glow. Live bats swooped over the tables and Hogwarts ghosts were sitting at a special table of honor at the far end of the hall.