1.

I sat on the edge of the cliff that overlooked Litha. My legs were dangling off the edge and I was running my finger gently across the head of the furry creature that laid in my lap. I glanced down at the winged cat and his mint green fur looked even more vibrant in the sunspot that we were sitting in and the fur on his large ears ruffled in the wind that danced around us. A small smile slipped across my face as I looked back up at the entire Kingdom that stood below me.

We had been up here for most of the afternoon to escape the chaos that was reverberating through the Kingdom. Royals week was coming up quick and was now only about a month away. Everything had been planned months ago but now it was time to put all the plans into action. As Princess, I had to be there to help watch over every little thing that was happening and it was becoming more and more stressful by the day. So, Semoda and I came up here to escape it all. Even if it was only a few hours of freedom, it was better than nothing. We had slipped out the back when mother started her rampage over the invoice for all the flowers having one or two wrong things on it and we had been up here ever since. Unfortunately, I knew that we'd have to be getting back soon.

As if right on cue my phone vibrated in my pocket. With a defeated sigh, I slipped it out and looked at my screen. Shockingly enough it wasn't mother, it was Blaire. I quickly pulled up the text so I could see the full thing.

Blaire: Katalin, we need you at the Vet Warehouse immediately. The one in the back corner.

I studied the text for a second trying to think about what would be so urgent and why my presence was needed. She was the beast tamer and the vet so there wasn't much I would be able to help her with. I sat there motionless for another minute and another text came in.

Blaire: Katalin!!

"Semoda," I said reluctantly poking one of the large ears that covered his face. "Time to wake up.

Semoda gave a tiny roar in protest but his ears popped up and he got himself to his feet. He looked up at me clearly not happy with the fact that I had woken him.

"Blaire needs us," I told him. His look of unhappiness turned to a look of confusion and curiosity. "Back corner warehouse, it's urgent."

He stretched his wings out before he flapped them a few times to get him in the air. I followed suit in getting to my feet making sure to wipe the dust off my butt. I took a few large steps back before I ran forward and launched myself off the cliff. I let myself free fall for a moment before I acted. In the blink of an eye, I had disappeared and reappeared on the ground. I ran forward through the back alleys where I landed but just before I reached the main walkways where people would be, I vanished. I reappeared in the area of the Kingdom where all the veterinary buildings sat. I ran down the path off to the side and straight towards the building I was instructed to be at.

When we got there, I was instantly aware of the number of guards that were surrounding the building. They were all armed and were wearing the best-enchanted armor that anyone had the ability to make which made me uneasy. I started walking towards the warehouse and I could feel Semoda's uneasiness and it easily matched mine. We approached the doors and the guards wasted no time opening them for us. As soon we were inside, I heard the doors shut behind us followed by a few locks sliding into place. This only added to our uneasiness. Semoda took a second to land on my head, I could feel his tail brushing the back of my head, but it just gave me a small sense of comfort.

The warehouse was dimly lit, but I could sense five people. Blaire, mother, two of her guards and a mysterious very powerful person. I spotted the mother's white-blond hair and glowing blue eyes first, so I quickly made my way over to her. Blaire was standing next to her and I could feel the anxiety rolling off her in waves.