It wasn't that he didn't trust his friends, of course he trusted them! Most of them had saved him in sticky situations multiple times, but he couldn't help but worry about his creatures.

At least I gave them my notebook. I wrote everything about all my animals in there.

Newt sighed and glanced at the clock. The hands were moving so slowly. Too slowly. He just wanted to go home.

I can, he reminded himself. I can go home in a couple months' time.

He looked toward the wooden table for the letter that he was ever so grateful for, but it was empty.

Newt stared blankly at the table for a moment, then remembered that Theseus had taken the letter home with him. He sank back onto the bed, willing for something interesting to happen.

The clock continued its monotonous, incessant ticking.

Someone clattered a wheelie table across the tiles behind the green door.

Pickett sneezed.

He clicked something quietly in Newt's ear. He chuckled softly.

"It's alright Pickett. I know it's boring. Did you want to go with them?" he asked softly, referring to the sisters that disappeared through the grey door ten minutes ago. Pickett shook his head and chirped something else.

"Thanks, Pick."

The weedy little Bowtruckle wrapped his spindly arms around Newt's finger.

Pickett didn't move for another five minutes, until he chirped something else to Newt, who almost choked and gaped at the Bowtruckle with a shocked expression.

"What?"

Pickett bravely repeated it, stifling giggles. Newt continued staring at him, mouth hanging open.

"Pickett, that- that is not true!"

Pickett didn't stop giggling.

"What- why would you say that?!" he mumbled, a blush creeping up his neck.

His Bowtruckle chirped something else in between snorts.

"No, Tina's just a friend. Nothing more, nothing less," he clarified. You couldn't say it was to convince himself more than Pickett.

"Yes, okay. So I'm not in a relationship. So what? I don't need to be..."

"Need to be what?"

A bold, clear voice cleaved through Newt's mumbling conversation with his Bowtruckle. He looked up to find Theseus striding towards him. A smile lit up his face.

"Theseus!"

"Sorry Newt, I was at the ministry. I meant to arrive the same time as the sisters, but I got tied up in a meeting."

Newt shook his head. "It's fine. I appreciate you visiting at all."

He grinned. "It's no problem. My little brother's in hospital, I can't work properly not knowing you're okay." He paused, then said something else. "So, are you okay?"

Newt's smile faltered a bit. "I'm fine." Theseus tilted his head, as if studying a creature of some sort. His chestnut curls slipped over his eyes.

"Really?"

Newt nodded.

"How is your girlfriend?"

"What?"

"How was Tina this morning?"

Newt's head snapped up.

"She's not my girlfriend, Theseus."

"Hmmm..." he grinned, watching his brother blushing fiercely. "I'm not buying it."

"Theseus!"

"Alright, alright," he finally gave in. "Tina isn't your girlfriend," he said.

Newt sighed. "Thank you. But in all sincerity-"

"...yet."

Newt reeled back. "What?"

His brother grinned at him again. "I said, Tina is not your girlfriend... yet."

Newt scowled. "Theseus..."

"Queenie is looking forward to playing matchmaker for you two when you come home, Newt."

"Great. I'll just break my other leg and stay here another six months."

Theseus grinned, but concern flashed across his eyes for a split-second, then it was gone.

"Try not to," he said quietly, then tried to lighten the mood. "I'm looking forward to watching her."

"I'm not," Newt replied thickly. "But I still want to come home," he added hopefully. Theseus nodded.

"The letter said two months. It's August. I think, by the end of October, you'll be allowed to come home." He paused, studying his brother. Newt's expression remained blank. Calm. He continued. "When I visiting you a couple days ago, a nurse told me that at the end of next month, they'll try and start making some progress on the crutches."

Newt was smiling. So was his brother.

"Crutches are so humiliating," mumbled Newt. His smile had become rather strained. Theseus suppressed a laugh.

"Yeah."

A couple moments of silence passed.

"But it'll be fun watching you shuffle around the house with crutches."

Newt glared at him. "Thanks."

Theseus decided it was time to leave, before his little brother threw something at him. He slowly stood up and started heading for the door.

"Anytime," he quipped, and flashed Newt a grin before closing the door behind him.

:3

There are a few things I'd like to address...

1) I hate how this chapter ends. I'll change it if I stop procrastinating. Also, I feel like Theseus' visit wasn't long enough :/

2) Both my parents are getting surgery done in the next two weeks, so I don't know how often I'll be able to upload the next few chapters... it might be a while, since my dad has to stay a few nights at the hospital.

One could say it's a learning opportunity for me, since I have no idea how a hospital works, and I'm trying to write a fanfiction based mostly in a hospital :? :/

3) WOAH.. 50 FOLLOWERS!!!! Thank you guys so much!!!! I feel like Wattpad is home UwU

$) AND! THANKS FOR 1K VIEWS!!!

5) the last one was meant to be 4)

6) Shoutout to AristoCac for commenting and voting on every chapter :) your comments just make my day and I feel so special. Of course, this isn't just one user.. it's everyone :''>

Every chapter, I'll give a shoutout to someone who I feel has really made me happy ^^ BECAUSE I'M NICE LIKE THAT HHK XDDD jk I love u guys

7) Feedback is always welcome and appreciated :)

8) THIS IS IMPORTATNT! In between this chapter and the next one, there is a TIME SKIP.

It's about a month... it's 19th August now, and the next chapter is set on September 27th. I know it's obnoxiously precise, but I like to keep track of when my stories are set. So... about a month :)

Love u guys ^^

Cateye992, out!