Jimin's recovery

After everything that happened to Jimin, it was hard getting back into that family dynamic. Everyone seemed to be walking on eggshells around the hurt boy.

But the one who appeared to be suffering the most was Sooyoung.  Her baby boy who she loved dearly, was suffering and she never even noticed. Her sweet mochi.

"Mommy will Jiminnie ever get better?" Taehyung asked his mother. Taehyung was jimin's twin, his best friend. The fact that jimin was hurting, not his usual upbeat giggly self, was hard for Taehyung to accept.

How do I tell him jimin isn't going to be okay in a long time? Thought sooyoung. How could she reassure her children, but still not give them false hope?

Jimin has his good days. He would wake up with a smile and play with his siblings, cuddle with his mother, eat everything off his plate, all with his infamous smile. Those days it felt as if everything was okay again. That if they focus on these moments, its almost as if nothing even happened.

But then he had his bad days. Days where it was a struggle to get him out of bed. Where that gorgeous smile was replaced with a blank face. Days where his siblings couldn't even touch him without triggering flashbacks and jimin was left in a sobbing mess on the floor. Where it took so much coaxing before jimin even allowed his own mother to touch him. Those days were days where no one knew if jimin was going to get better. Where no one knew if jimin was going to be jimin again.

It was an extremely hard time for the family. Sooyoung felt doubts creep into her mind. Things like if she were a good mother, was what she doing the right way. It all felt so much for the young mother, but there were times when she knew she would never give any of it up.

When Yoongi would run up to her and nuzzle his face in her neck and whisper how much he loves her. When Jin would join her in the kitchen and the way his eyes lit up when learning something knew. When Namjoon would ask her to read him a book, and his laugh ,that could melt anyone's heart, that echoed in the room. When Taehyung would ask her to paint with him and his sparkling eyes and boxy smile that lights up his entire face when she would say how good of an artist he was. When She would wake up Hobi and he would lean into her arms and excitedly explain his dream. Or when she would gently rock Jungkook to sleep and the way his fingers would loosely grip onto her hair as he was lulled to sleep. Or when jimin would crawl onto her bed while she was asleep and lay on her chest and fall right back to sleep.

Those were the moments when she knew that everything was worth everything.