chapter 6

Knock knock!

Sooyoung made her way to the door exhausted. It took her a few hours to the settle boys down for bed. And it took even longer for them to fall asleep. By the time Sooyoung laid down for bed herself, it was half past 12. Now looking at the clock in the entrance hall, it was 7 am.

"I'm coming! I'm coming! Geez...." Sooyoung unlocked the door and threw it open. Seeing no one there, she went to close the door until she heard a noise. It was so soft, almost as if it was never made. Looking down she could clearly see a woven basket with a sky blue fleece blanket with clouds on it. Kneeling down to get a closer look, she lightly pulled the blanket back to see a tuft of raven black hair.

Sooyoung fell on her butt from her kneeling position, in shock. Why was he here already? Who would leave a poor baby on the doorstep in the cold?  Sooyoung pulled the blanket completely off the child to see a small baby, a few months old, sleeping. He had on a red onesie with black socks on. He had a black dummie in his mouth with gold stars on it, moving up and down from him sucking on it. 'how cute.

Sooyoung gently lifted him up out of the basket and cradled him against her chest. He let out a content sigh and grabbed her hair in his tiny fist. Picking up the basket, she kicked the door closed with her foot. Sooyoung made her way to her room with the baby still sleeping in her arms. Laying him in the middle of the bed so he wouldnt fall off, sooyoung layed next to him and pulled him closer towards her chest. She draped his blue blanket across him and patted his back to help him sleep.

Sooyoung got out of bed at 7:30 to wake up the kids. She decided she would introduce the baby to the rest of the boys and see if they would have positive reactions. First she woke up seokjin and Yoongi. They were usually the most difficult ones to wake up on the weekend. She decided it would be a better option if they were woken up first. Seokjin woke up after a few shakes and nudges and waited for his brother to be woken up so Sooyoung can help them wash up. Yoongi grunted and groaned, whined and wailed, until finally Sooyoung had successfully woken him up. She lead them to the bathroom and helped them with their teeth, brushed their hair, picked out their clothes and left to wake the others. Namjoon woke up after a gentle shake and walked to the bathroom to get ready. Hoseok woke up after a few shakes and went to the bathroom his mother in tow. She helped Hoseok with his teeth, brushed his hair, and helped him dress. Namjoon was very mature for his age and by the time she was done with Hoseok, Namjoon was sat on his bed, completely dressed, and reading a book about the earth cycle. He was also very smart.

Sooyoung walked into the nursery where taehyung was stood up and gripping the bars of the crib. Sooyoung cooed at his squeal of excitement upon seeing her. Sooyoung looked towards Jimin and saw him still sleeping, so Sooyoung went into the bathroom in the nursery and ran Taehyung's bath water. Stripping him of his clothes, she let him play in the water before she started to wash him.
After his bath Sooyoung saw Jimin wide awake. His eyes were watery and his lip was trembling after waking up and no one was there. Sooyoung placed Taehyung on the play mat and gave him foam blocks and ABC blocks. She then picked Jimin up and began comforting him. After he was calm, she began to give him a bath as well.

Now that all the boys were clean and had their breakfast, it was time to show them their baby brother. Sooyoung was dreading their reaction. She didn't want them to resent their brother because Sooyoung would never give any of them up. They were hers. She was raising them and showing them what mother's love felt like.

Sooyoung went into her bedroom and saw the baby awake and chewing on his foot. It was such a cute sight Sooyoung snapped a picture and saved it to her collection of other pics of the kids. Sooyoung cooed at him and picked him up. She made funny faces at him while walking towards the living room, earning cute baby giggles. It was as if the heavens opened up and the angels were singing. The sound of his giggle made sooyoung want to cherish it forever.

Making her way towards the boys with the baby in her arms, the boys snapped their heads towards their mother at the sound of a giggle. Immediately upon sighting her, they noticed a baby boy laughing at the faces Sooyoung made.
" Boys? This is your new baby brother. So I want you to treat him nicely and take care of him. He's a baby so he can't really play the games you can, or eat the same food. they need lots of love and gentleness when being taken care of, okay?" The boys nodded and ran to their mother to get a peek of their brother. Taehyung and Jimin couldnt walk yet so they stayed laying on their play mats, but they were looking in the direction of all the noise.

Sooyoung sat on the couch being careful of the baby, and let each of the boys admire him,  one at a time. She had Yoongi and seokjin help taetae and chimchim to come see their brother. After everyone saw him and played with him- which all they were able to do were funny faces, Sooyoung decided to come up with a name.

" do you have an idea for a name for the baby?" Sooyoung gently asked. She knew that if she let the boys participate in the naming of their brother, they would come to accept him easier.
"I want a brother name trey!" Hoseok yelled. He had been watching to much Disney channel lately. " no I dont think that suits him, do you?" Hoseok pouted but shook his head in agreement. "Cookie!" Yoongi actually wanted cookies when he blirted that out. He didn't expect to be the sole reason his brothers nickname would be kookie.
"How about a name with kookie in it. What about......jungkook?" Sooyoung asked. All of the boys smiled happily and nodded their heads yes at their new brothers name. Sooyoung smiled down at the baby who had fallen asleep at the time of the debate. He was rather cute. His long lashes layed upon his rosy cheeks, his  pink plump lips were wrapped around his dummies unconsciously sucking on it. Sooyoung smiled wider at now being able to to call him by his name.
Jungkook.