Tom Riddle

I hated Valentines Days.

And I hated Lockhart's idea to have the dwarfs deliver stupid love messages to the students.

All day long, the dwarfs kept barging into our classes to deliver valentines, to the annoyance of  me and my friends, and late that afternoon as I was walking upstairs for Charms, one of the dwarfs caught up with us, going to Harry.

"Oi, you! 'Arry Potter!" shouted a particularly grim-looking dwarf, elbowing people out of the way to get to Harry.

Harry tried to escape. The dwarf, however, cut his way through the crowd by kicking people's shins, and reached him before he'd gone two paces.

"Leave him alone. He doesn't want your stupid message." I said but the dwarf ignored me.

"I've got a musical message to deliver to 'Arry Potter in person," he said, twanging his harp in a threatening sort of way.

"Not here," Harry hissed, trying to escape.
"Stay still!" grunted the dwarf, grabbing hold of Harry's bag and pulling him back.
"Let me go!" Harry snarled, tugging.

"Let go of him you stupid dwarf" I shouted.

With a loud ripping noise, his bag split in two. His books, wand, parchment, and quill spilled
onto the floor and his ink bottle smashed over everything.

I gasped.

Harry And I scrambled around, trying to pick it all up before the dwarf started singing, causing something of a holdup in the corridor.

"What's going on here?" came the cold, drawling voice of Draco Malfoy. I started stuffing everything feverishly into his ripped bag, desperate to get away before Malfoy could hear his musical valentine.

"What's all this commotion?" said another familiar voice as Percy Weasley arrived.

Losing his head, Harry tried to make a run for it, but the dwarf seized him around the knees and brought him crashing to the floor.

"Let . Go. Of. Him" I growled.

"Right," he said, sitting on Harry's ankles. "Here is your singing valentine:
His eyes are as green as a fresh pickled toad, His hair is as dark as a blackboard,
I wish he was mine,
he's really divine,
The hero who conquered the Dark Lord"

Trying valiantly to laugh along with everyone else, we got up, as Percy Weasley did his best to disperse the crowd, some of whom were crying with mirth.

"Off you go, off you go, the bell rang five minutes ago, off to class, now," he said, shooing some of the younger students away. "And you, Malfoy —"

I, glancing over, saw Malfoy stoop and snatch up something. Leering, he showed it to Crabbe and Goyle, and I realized that he'd got Riddle's diary.

My eyes went wide. It was the diary we found on Myrtle's bathroom.

"Give that back," said Harry quietly.

"Wonder what Potter's written in this?" said Malfoy, who obviously hadn't noticed the year on the cover and thought he had Harry's own diary.

"Give that back Malfoy!" I shouted.
His eyes went on me, surprised at first, then he smirked.

"Or maybe we'll find out Turner's secrets. Figure out who she really is."

I froze, my eyes widened.
He was convinced that I was hiding something, and he won't let it slip until he finds out.

He promised me that so many times that I've lost count.
But I was curious, why was he so suspicious?