Prom

I look in the mirror wondering how I'll ever look good enough for Bram. His hair is so perfect, and it makes me want to run my fingers through it. His smile is so cute and innocent, and I blush every time I see it. His eyes make me want to pull him close and kiss him softly. He's so god damn perfect. How am I supposed to top that?

It took me hours to decide what to wear, but I decided to go with what I hope Bram will think is "classy" (a simple black tuxedo). I figured I wouldn't sweep my hair back- too many Cabaret memories for that.

I'm trying to figure out how to do my tie when Nora walks in.
"Ooooooh. Getting fancy are you?" She says smiling.
"As a matter of fact Nora, I am." I respond smiling back at her. She leaves to do whatever she was doing before she came in here, and I finally notice that I've been folding my tie over instead of under.

Me and Bram arranged for me to pick him up at 7:30, so I leave my house, my heart racing, and I get into my car. I know, it's not the most romantic thing to show up in. But it's either that or the bike that's stuck round that back of our house, belonging to Nora when she was eight. I don't know about you, but I think I'll go with the car.

The whole journey there I can't stop my hands from shaking. What if he thinks I'm over dressed? What if he thinks I'm under dressed? Either way, it's Bram, so he won't even mention it. I pull up outside his house, and walk down the path to his front doorstep.

I knock on the door. But Bram doesn't answer. It's his mom.

Clearly not excepting that, I utter out a "Hi Mrs Greenfeld, is Bram there?"
She has a caring face, and deep brown eyes that I can tell Bram also shares.
"He's just about to come down, would you like to come in?" She asks.
"Oh, thank you," I respond.

I enter his house, it's about the same size as mine, but their furniture is very different. Our house has very muted colours, and a modern vibe around the place. Bram's house is much more colourful, a lot like I expected it to be if I'm honest. His mom shouts up for him, and then I hear his footsteps. My hands fiddle with themselves, not knowing what to do.

He walks down the stairs in a smart, purple leather tuxedo. His hair has not changed, and thank God, because it's as beautiful as ever.
"Hi, Simon," He says quietly.
"Hi Bram," I say back. We smile at each other.
"I think you two better get going then," His mom says to us both. I nod and take Bram's hand, leading him outside.

We get inside the car and Bram whispers to me, "You look amazing, you know?"
"Doesn't compare to you," I say back, smiling stupidly.
Once we get going we start talking about his place, and his mom. I tell him she seems really nice, and he says, "At times, yeah" whilst laughing slightly.

We continue to talk amongst ourselves until we pull up outside of Creekwood High. I open the door "courteously" and he steps out.
"What a gentleman," He says.
We head inside and make our way to the hall. As we walk in we spot Abby, Nick and Leah, along with Garret and and few other girls I've seen a couple times.

We walk over, hand in hand, and say hello. Abby gives me a look as if to say "what are you two planning to get up to tonight?". I smile at her as if she's actually said something out loud.

Me and Bram head over to the bar to grab a quick drink, and he whispers in my ear, "I think I know how we can make this prom a little more exciting." Already picturing what might be about to happen in my head, he leads me over to the corner of the room. He opens the door to a concealed closet, and leads me inside. As soon as the door is closed, our lips are touching. His hands are running through my hair, and mine cup his cheeks. We stop to take a breath every now and then, and my hand pulls off his suit jacket. Without breaking the kiss, I creep my hand up the back of his shirt. Before I do anything else I break away to make sure he's ok with what I'm doing. He nods at me even thought I haven't  said a word.

I pull off his shirt and that's when I know. Shirtless Bram, is the best Bram.