Suprise

I'm sat on the couch in mine and Bram's house, catching up on the latest episode of The Bachelor. Bram walks in through the kitchen door and smiles. I smile back. He walks towards me and sits down next to me, his arms wrapped around my shoulder.
"I need to take you somewhere," He whispers.
"Go ahead," I say back.
"But, um, one minute," He says with a mischievous look in his eyes.

He comes back in the room with a black bandana in his hand. I laugh and he tells me to close my eyes, as he puts it around my head.

"Bram, where are we going?" I ask through giggles.
"Just trust me," he reassures me.

I can feel myself leaving the house and walking down the path towards the car. Butterflies suddenly invade my tummy. I'm so nervous. Bram starts the car and I'm still laughing. I ask him again where we're going, but he gives me the same response as last time. At least I know I can trust him with my life, so this whole blindfolded thing doesn't really bother me. But the fact that I don't know why he's doing this scares me.

I hear Bram turn off the engine, and he helps me get out of the car. I have no idea where I am, but I know one thing, I'm certainly not alone. When you're blindfolded, you have to rely on your hearing a lot, and I realise I've been tuning in to a lot of people's conversations.
"Oh my god, Taylor Metternich's thinking of going brunette," I say to Bram, chuckling. He laughs back and I can tell he's smiling.

After a while of being lead around, Bram finally decides to stop. My heart is racing. My palms are sweating, but Bram was clearly nice enough to not mention that. He takes a breath.
"5 years ago, we were here," he stutters. "I love you so much Simon, out journey has been something I'm never going to forget."

My blindfold is removed slowly and carefully.

Bram is on one knee. He's holding a box. The box has a ring in it.
"Surprise?" He says smiling hopefully.

I don't even have time to respond, my lips are already on his, and I can feel my eyes tearing up. My hands wrap around his waist, as do his. I break away.
"Is that a yes?" He asks. I nod, as I don't think it's possible for words to be leaving my mouth right now. He smiles, but not like an innocent Bram-like smile, like a smile I've never seen him wear before. He hands me the ring, it's silver and has a small gem engraved in the centre.

It's blue.