Wafflehouse Warriors

Abby's screams of excitement get me so freaking hyped for whatever we're doing. You'd think she'd have got used to me announcing we're going to Waffle House 7 days a week.

Leah, Nick and Abby are sat in the back seats of the car, me and Bram in the front. I'm wearing my Elliott Smith shirt and a plain blue hoodie, as we jam out to my playlist of the best Christmas songs of all time (Some day at Christmas included).

Even through we're about to eat, Bram came prepared with a full packet of Halloween Oreos.
"You know I think it might be a bit late for those," I say, gesturing at the thick layers of snow coating the road.
"It's never too late for Oreos," Bram says, smiling.

Once again, of course, he's right.

We arrive at Waffle House and get parked nice and easy. I switch off " Little Drummer Boy" and we all unclip our seatbelts ready to go in. Suddenly I think I might just wait a second longer.
"Hey, guys, can we have a minute? We'll meet you in there," I say.
"Go ahead," Abby says smiling at me and winking.

I swear to God that girl can read my thoughts so well it's as if I'm saying them out loud.

Leah, Abby and Nick leave to go inside, and Bram smiles at me awkwardly. His smile is the freaking best. I can't take it much longer so I lean forward and place my lips gently upon his, my hands on his waist. Our bodies feel so right together, and it almost feels like everything around us is melting away as we speak...or kiss, even better.

I stop to take a breath, but we don't lose eye contact once. Even for just a second, it's hard to look away from them. He smells like a very specific chocolate soufflé Nora made once.

It was delicious.