The return

Ruby pov:

I walk around the school grounds at night. For some reason I had this feeling to head to the emerald forest. I reach the edge of the tree line and stand there waiting. Waiting for what however? I notice a glow of yellow orange within the forest. I'm drawn to it for some reason. As I turn around a tree there's a flaming owl perched on a stone before me. I reflexively grab crescent rose ready for a fight.

Your POV: I sat there in owl form watching her. I noticed grim silently approaching from behind. I let out a feral screech diving past here as I claw out the Beowulf's throat. As I turn I change into human form. I wield both soil cleavers and decapitate the other grim as it pounces onto me.

Ruby: (y/n)!?

She rushes over as I get up my swords like torches in the night. I look up to see 10 grim jump at her from the shadows.

Y/n: akumu now!

10 needle like shadows impale the grim in mid air. I turn into owl form and grab ruby by the shoulders and fly her back to the school. As I set her down sun begins to creep over the land. I change back into a human as I stand before her.

Y/n: hey...

Rwby: hey? Is that all you have to say after being gone for so long?

I grimace slightly at her words

Y/n: that was insensitive of me I'm sorry

She smiles brightly as a tear falls down her cheek.

Ruby: welcome back idiot

She jokingly punches me before hugging me tightly

Ruby: it's Saturday tomorrow so let's go do something just us.

Y/n: I would like that

You break the embrace and look at here

Y/n: first however, I need to see ozpin ok

Ruby: she nods reluctantly

You turn around and step forward turning into the owl as you fly to ozpins office.

Sup gaymers, it's been awhile... again... I know I'm not consistent with the updates... I do apologize for that btw. Anyways I hope you enjoyed this chapter and yeah. Mozambique at the ready!