The sight of the iPhone reminded me of Conner, and how he had bought me a whole set of apple products. Kind of ridiculous actually, considering that I didn't even like apple products. I've always thought they were unnecessary expensive, and why would anyone need an iPhone, an iPad, an iPad mini, a MacBook and an iPod anyway? I didn't even know that people used iPods anymore.

For some reason the thought of Conner gave me a slight sense of panic, which was kind of unfair. Wasn't he the one who were supposed to panic over me? I mentally slapped myself for thinking like that. Not only was it egoistic, but it made it sound like I wanted Conner to check on me, which I obviously did not.

My phone read 26 missed calls, all from Rosalie. I couldn't deny the sense of disappointment I felt when I realized Conner hadn't called, but I suppressed it and called Rosalie back.

"Where the hell are you?" Rosalie screamed into her telephone. I almost dropped my own phone in surprise, but I managed to hold on to it. Rosalie didn't sound optimistic like she used to, and I must admit that would have switched usual excitement for this anger, no matter how irritating she usually was. The Rosalie I talked to now sounded like she would have hit me in the face if she got the chance.

"I'm not really sure," I answered carefully. I didn't want to make her angrier by being sarcastic or rude. Not that I had ever been sarcastic or rude to anyone in my life. "I crashed my car, or Conner's car, while I was driving down some abounded road!"

"Oh shit," she said, and sounded worried now. "What happened? Are you okay? Did you break anything? Are you..."

"I'm fine!" I interrupted, before Rosalie drove me insane. "Well, not exactly fine, but I'll live," I added, because I wasn't found of lying. Okay, I admit that I'm not honest ALL the time, but I avoid lying as much as possible.

"Okay. Can you drive?" Rosalie asked, more calmly now. Rosalie and calm wasn't two words I normally would have mixed, but today she acted like a whole different person.

"I don't think that's a good idea. I've totally wrecked the car, and I feel like a psyduck," I answered, and tried to not sound desperate. The truth was that I was that I didn't dare to drive. What if I got attacked by the invisible force again?

"You feel like a what?" Rosalie asked confused. She was obviously not a Pokémon fan, which was sad. I was starting to like her, and now she had ruined everything!

"A psyduck! That psychic Pokémon with a chronic headache," I explained, without realizing how stupid it sounded.

"Valentina, you're not a Pokémon, okay?" Rosalie answered patiently. "Just tell me where you are. Use google maps if you have to. Just tell me where you are."

Twenty minutes later I sat in Rosalie's car, while she drove us towards the pack house. She seemed extremely stressed, and she squeezed the wheel so tightly that her knuckles turned white.

"What's wrong?" I asked when I couldn't stand the awkward silence anymore. That was the other thing that had surprised me. Rosalie hadn't said a word the whole trip, which must have been new personal record for her.

"He is still missing," Rosalie replied stiffly. Her words gave me a sense of dread, and my mouth went dry. Deep in my soul I knew what she was talking about, but my brain didn't wanna face it.

"Who is missing?" I asked, even though I didn't really want to hear the answer.

"Oh my god," she said, and gave me a distressed look. "Didn't I tell you? It's... It's Conner, Val. He went for a run after you disappeared, and he got attacked by some hunters. We're pretty sure they kidnapped him,"