Chapter 9

Detective Hunter's POV:

I frustratedly ran my fingers through my hair. I didn't get it. How could two teenagers disappear without a trace? I sighed and watched the bus security tape for the billionth time. Their families were getting more agitated by the minute. The door opened, and my partner walked in.

"Please tell me you have some good news," I said, drinking my coffee.

"Actually, I do. We found a phone," he said with a smile.

"And?" I replied in confusion.

"It belongs to one of the missing teens,"

***

We drove up to a river near the woods just outside town. I walked under the yellow police tape, shortly followed by my partner. Most of the officers were near a bush in forensic suits, probably where the phone was found.

"We're going to send people to search the lake for bodies,"

"Ok. I'll go inform the parents," I said, walking back to car. Just as I got into the drivers seat, a black Porsche zoomed by, and someone was desperately banging on the window. I shook my head, and decided to ignore it. "See you in a bit, Detective Martin."

Lilac's POV:

Amy desperately banged on the window of black Porsche as we passed a large group of people.

"KEEP IT QUIET BACK THERE," shouted Kyle, who pressed down on the accelerator. After 5 minutes, Kyle pulled over, and got out. He walked around the car and opened the passenger door, pulling Amy out by her arm. She struggled frantically, trying to free herself from him, but he just tightened his grip on her arm.

"If you won't shut up, I'll shut you up." He growled, and opened the boot. Kyle pushed her in and she started screaming and shouting.

Amy's POV:

I stayed in the boot of the car for what seemed liked forever, until the car stopped. I held my breath as I heard footsteps approaching, ready to put up a fight. The boot opened, and Kyle shone a torch in my face. As my eyes adjusted to the light, I could make out two figures flanking Kyle. They each grabbed one of my arms and practically pulled me out of the boot-my legs were numb from the cramped journey. The person on my right turned out to be a girl, she had black shoulder length hair that blended in well with the night sky, but her eyes were light blue and her pupils were unnaturally large. It's only then that I noticed the white powder on her nose.

The person on my left was a boy who looked not much older than me, only 14 or 15. In contrast to the girl, his eyes were brown and nervous, as if he didn't really want to be here. He had brown, thick hair that wasn't dripping with hairspray and other chemicals.

It was hard to see, but I could make out a building that looked abandoned. As I took in the rest of my surroundings, I realised we were in a field and the road miles away from here. I swallowed a lump of fear and what remained of my hope of escaping vanished.