Part One: Return of the General.

Start from the beginning

Jennie can't help her smile the second she see's the white horse up front and centre. Two flags of their kingdom held proudly on both sides of the general.

Out of character, Jennie scurries down the long flight of stairs towards their heroic general. Coming to a stop a few feet away from the large army.

The general grins proudly at her before coming down from her large white steed. Getting down onto her knees in front of Jennie she does a full bow in honour.

The rest of the soldiers quickly follow and so do the servants and councilmen waiting behind her. The princess gives a closed lip smile in appreciation to her loyal subjects.

Once the general is once again standing in front of her, she is presented with an official scroll.

"The journey was a success. Your treaty has been signed."

"You did it. Well done general." Jennie praises. "Please. Join me in my chambers to discuss our next movements."

"Yes, your highness." The general nods with a single bow.

"Your soldiers deserve reward as well. They will be treated to a feast this evening. Please allow them to unwind. I will be awaiting your presence."

With that Jennie makes her way back up to the stairs to head back to her room. She bids her servants good night before closing the thin screen door.

She waited a short amount of time before the door was sliding open and closed again. Turning around she's met with the face she had missed so much.

Jennie gives her a genuine smile. One not seem by many. "You're home."

"Were you worried?" Jisoo smiles back.

"Tremendously." Jennie admits. "You changed." She grins noticing Jisoos hanbok. Different from her armour she had been wearing previously.

"I figured my attire wasn't appropriate for a personal meeting with the princess." Jisoo says taking a step closer to the younger girl.

"I'm happy that you're back." Jennie looks up at her. "I missed you."

Jisoo smiles running a gentle hand to tuck a loose hair from Jennie's bun behind her ear before stroking her cheek. "I missed you too." She whispers.

"Will you stay with me tonight?" Jennie asks with hope.

"Of course." Jisoo nods. "The men will not wish to see me at their feast. We have spent too much time together." She chuckles.

"Do not worry. I've ordered all servants to leave me for a nights rest. They are not to bother us." Jennie says.

"Is that so?" Jisoo raises a brow earning a nod from Jennie.

"Unless you are hungry. I can prepare something for you." Jennie offers.

"No need to worry. I am perfectly content with where I am." Jisoo assures.

"Okay."

"We are to be discussing the military's next moves along the west but I think that can wait until morning." Jisoo says quietly, pressing her forehead against Jennie's.

"There will not be any movement for the next few weeks. You have been gone too long." Jennie looks up into her eyes. Her delicate fingers brushing gently against Jisoo's cheek.

Jisoo leans in between the small space between them to connect their lips together. It starts gentle, merely remembering the feel and taste of Jennie's lips against hers.

A forbidden fruit she was so fond of having.

They were not married. They were not to have sex or be fraternizing with eachother. Jennie had many suitors in other kingdoms awaiting her hand but Jisoo was the one to take it.