Part One: Return of the General.

Far far away in a distant land lived a princess struggling to keep her kingdom from falling to pieces

Far far away in a distant land lived a princess struggling to keep her kingdom from falling to pieces. Her parents had passed away on their latest conquest to the east leaving her to run the empire on her own.

She was a born leader, beloved by many of her people, but neighbouring Kingdoms craved power. Her power.

Out of all the empires along the valley, hers stood the tallest, the strongest, the most beautiful of sights. Many threats posed themselves against her.

Sitting in her common chambers alone the sounds of the night soothed her.

She was confident in her military

She was confident in her military. They had been well trained and successful on many of their pursuits. But she still worried nonetheless.

A knock on the wood doorframe interrupts her thoughts. Looking up she can see one of her messengers through the flimsy screen cloth.

"Sorry to bother you your majesty. I have word that the soldiers will be returning before sunrise." He informs.

"Thank you, eunwoo. You are dismissed." Jennie says. He gives her a final bow before leaving. Standing up from her seat she walks over to the window.

The moon was full and bright, lighting up the open front of her palace. She stared at the large gate hoping that it would be opened soon to reveal her returning soldiers.

As she waited another one of her servants interrupted her. "Your majesty, your night time tea." She presents the tray.

Jennie walks back to sit on her cushion, letting Yuqui set up a small table for her before setting the tray of tea down.

"Thank you Yuqui." Jennie says earning a bow in response. "Please summon Chaeyoung for me."

"Yes your highness. Right away." Yuqui bows again before leaving.

Soon enough Park Chaeyoung was joining her in the common room. "You called for me?"

"Sit." Jennie motions.

Chaeyoung sits across from her at the table while Jennie pours the tea. "I can do it for you." She offers.

Jennie gives her a modest smile. "Nonsense."