Part One: Return of the General.

Start from the beginning

"Thank you." Chaeyoung says once Jennie is finished.

Jennie gives her a nod and they drink their beverages in silence. Chaeyoung felt on edge. She wondered why Jennie would call her to have tea. She was always fond of the princess but she was simply the first hand servant for the young girls late parents.

She noticed how the princess kept glancing over to the open window. The moon was quite beautiful tonight.

"Are you worried for the soldiers, your highness?" Chaeyoung asks topping off Jennie's cup.

"Yes." Jennie answers honestly. "They've been gone for a solar year."

"We must keep faith." Chaeyoung places her hand a top of Jennie's. You were not to touch the princess without permission but Chaeyoung had known her since they were little girls.

"I take it you are worried too." Jennie says while staring at their hands. She had always considered Chaeyoung as a friend rather than another servant here at the palace.

"I am." Chaeyoung nods. She will admit only to herself that she had a forbidden relationship with one of the soldiers. It did not help that she was one of the best. She could not count the number of times she had spent volunteering to clean outside just so she could watch the young girl train.

Jennie observes her. She was keen on human nature and the study of their emotions. She knew very well that Chaeyoung had a secret lover. So did she.

Just then the distinct sound of horses could be heard from outside the palace gates. Jennie immediately stood up to go to the window and Chaeyoung quickly followed suit.

"They're back

"They're back." Jennie says with relief.

The two quickly make their way to the front of the palace. Servants following after her like second nature.

"Is it them?" Jennie asks Eunwoo.

"Yes your majesty." He nods. Motioning the men to open the palace's front door.

She tentatively steps outside. The long row of steps holding her high as she looked at the gates awaiting them to be opened. The clack of the horses come in closer as the gates welcome them in.