[11] Pre-Party.

"What are you wearing?" Shelby asked me as she sat at her dressing table and started applying her make up.

"I don't know yet." I replied honestly. 

I'm not really the type to pick out an outfit a week before the actual event, let alone the day before. All I usually need is the short space of the time after I take a shower and before I leave.

It was quite dark outside and I needed to hurry up so I could be on time for when Miles comes to pick us up. Speaking of Miles, I was still annoyed by what happened last night. She called him before going to sleep and they talked for almost an eternity!

Imagine how difficult it was being in the same room. I left the room, claiming I was going to get water about four times during that entire l was listening to them say their goodbyes. The phone speaker was so loud, I could hear their entire conversation.

And if I know Shelby, she probably did it on purpose just to rave about how much of a good boyfriend Miles is.

I remember it like it was happening right at this moment.

"Bye Shelby,"

"Bye Honey bear! I love you, okay?"

"Aww, Shelby..."

"No, I really do! I love you more and more each day!"

"Shelby..."

"You don't have to say it unless you mean it, Honey bear. I've reached that point in our relationship. You'll get there eventually, and I honestly can't wait! See you tomorrow, Love."

"Bye,"

"Bye Honey bear!"

Jeez!

I don't know if it was Shelby's I love you's or the pet name 'Honey bear' that drove me insane.

Probably both.

"Hellloo!" Shelby suddenly broke me out of the stance I was in.

"Yeah... what?" I said, making it obvious I wasn't paying attention.

"I said," She huffed and shook her head disapprovingly at me. "I could borrow you an outfit before you embarrass yourself and wear all that shit you normally wear on a daily."

"I think it would have been better if you didn't even tell me that," I said with a roll of my eyes. "You're really mean for a so called best friend." I teased.

Her face softened. "Sorry, I didn't mean it that way," She said. "I was just looking out for you, that's all."

"It's okay. I know," I assured her.

Again. I've become used to it, so I really wasn't offended anymore.

I made my way to the bathroom and allowed the water to run as I stripped. A couple of seconds later, I went inside and let the hot water run all over my body while I used a sponge to wash my body with soap. I reached up and pulled my hair out of the bun it was in so I could wash it. Putting on some shampoo, I started massaging my scalp and cleaning my hair thoroughly before rinsing it.

I turn the water off and walk out of the bathroom with a towel around my wet body. I open the bathroom door and step into Shelby's bedroom, hardly paying attention to my surroundings.

I finally look up as I close the bathroom door. Clutching the towel close to my body, I scream when I meet the widened eyes of Miles Kramer which are raking my body from head to toe.

"Ahhhhh... what the fuck?!" I said loudly as I scrambled backwards, only to receive a hard blow to my back when it hits the bathroom door handle. "OW, SHIT!"