Chapter 7

Charles pov
"Wait she did what?"
"Yeah you're wife wants me to hand you guys the baby when he or she is born." Natalie said touching her belly. I noticed that she always touches her belly whenever she's talking about the baby.

"Look...... I told her if she wants she could be a part of this baby's life but I think she got the wrong idea."
"Yea, clearly she did."
"Look Natalie I'll talk to her and hopefully she won't take you to court."
"What? What is she taking me to court for?"

"She thinks that with you going back to the army then you wouldn't be able to take care of the baby. But I know that's not true."

"What, she can't do that..... right.?" She says nervously.
"She's a lawyer and she has a lot of friends so really, she can."
"What, just because I'm in the Army doesn't mean I can't take care of my baby." I can definitely tell that she's nervous and upset now. Suddenly she looked like she was about to faint so I quickly steadied her before she fell and hurt herself and the baby.

"Woah woah, take it easy." I grabbed a chair and she sat down.
"Here take this." I gave her a cup of water.

"Breathe. In..... out...... in..... out..."
"This isn't helping."
"Do you want to go to the doctor?"
"Yes." She said through clenched teeth. She's clearly in pain.

We drove from my house to the doctor's office and it was about a 15 minute drive.

"What's going on doc?" She breaths in and out as she speaks.
"Okay let me take a look. Nurse let's start some blood work and expedite the results. Charles, I just need you to take a seat, Thank you."

The nurse took her blood and left. As we were waiting for the doctor or nurse to come back, suddenly in walks Elizabeth. How she found out we were here? I don't know.

"What's wrong?" Elizabeth asks curiously.
"I don't know she- we were talking and then she felt bad and now we're here. It's the baby I think."
"Oh my god is he okay." She asks as if she knows the gender of the baby.

"Wait how do you know if we're having a boy or girl."
"Charles, I have my ways of knowing things." She reply's.

"Charles if you don't get her out of here, I'll personally kill her..ahhh..." Natalie says in pain. So I told Elizabeth to get out.

~~~~~~~
It's been two hours since we got here and the doctors are now transporting her to another room. No one has explained anything to me yet but when the doctor told me to wait in the waiting room, I got nervous so I called Adam and he came with Zoe.

I was waiting in the waiting room and then within seconds, Adam is here.

"Hey how is she?" He asks as he puts his hand on my shoulder to get my attention.
"I don't know..... we were talking and then out of the blue she started to feel pain and then we came here. It all happened so fast."

Elizabeth comes in with a cup of coffee, and she hands it to me. "Here" She says
"What is she doing here?" Zoe and Elizabeth never get along.

I was about to speak when Elizabeth jumped in.

"For you're information, Zoe, the baby in there is gonna be ours" she says as she points towards Natalie's room.
"What?" Zoe says furiously. "Are you serious right now? So you sleep with my cousin so that you're bitch of a wife gets to have my cousin's baby? That's not gonna happen." Zoe yells at me.

"And who's gonna stop me? I have the law behind me honey." I know I should've stopped Elizabeth from saying that but right now all I could think about is the baby and how Natalie is holding up in there.

"Can you all just shut the hell up" they both looked at me surprised. "Natalie is in there in pain and all you can do is fight?" Elizabeth tries to come close to me and put her hand on my shoulder but I stop her.

" Stop. Just stop."

~~~~~~

Another four hours go by and we still haven't seen Natalie or the doctor yet.
~~~~~~
Finally the doctor comes out.
"Doctor how is she?" I ask waiting for an answer.
"..... Well.... Natalie was pregnant with twins..... but unfortunately, she started bleeding and she lost one of the babies." I'm in total shock. I can't believe she was pregnant with twins.

"The other baby is fine, but he'll most likely be premature." I can't even wrap my head around what's going on.
"Can we go in and see her?" I ask hopeful.
"Yes of course, but it has to be one at a time."

I was the first one to go in the room. She was sleeping quietly. She looked beautiful, laying there with her hands on her belly.

When I got closer to her, she opened her eyes.

"Hey." I said quietly.
"How's the baby?"
"The doctor said the baby's gonna be fine, but he also said that....."
"What- What did the doctor say?"
" You were going to have twins....but one didn't make it due to some complications. Something about you bleeding a lot....I don't know all the specifics. They saved the remaining one but they also said the baby might be premature..."

She starts to cry and I just hold her close to me. "We're gonna be fine.. I promise."