Chapter 9: Clear Signs

To her surprise Eddy was fast asleep. She shook him and woke him up. Eddy why are you sleeping at this time?! Or have you forgotten about the discussion we had in the morning? But it's not yet time. Look at the time, it's almost 5.

Eddy woke up and rushed to take a bath whilst Jasmine waited for him in his room. He finished and got dressed very quickly. Jasmine let's go and ask permission from your parents said Eddy. Not let's go, they won't find out. Eddy still insisted they ask permission. Fine, if you insist. They went to their parents to ask for permission. Fortunately Mrs. Brown was asleep. Mr. Maxwell was sitting in his chair dozing off. Daddy please we are going to buy something we will be back very soon. What are you going to buy Jasmine? It's a surprise; you will see when we come back. That's alright but make sure you don't keep long and be careful when crossing the road. Ok Daddy.

They got to the town. The sun had still not set. Vehicles were moving here and there. The town seemed very busy. The distance to where the taxi knocked down Owusu was about 15 minutes walk. Eddy held Jasmine's hand and headed towards the place. Jasmine please don't do anything crazy when we get there. Why are you saying that? Nothing; I'm just having a strange feeling. Don't worry Eddy, I will behave myself. Alright if you say so.

They got there at around 6:27pm. Jasmine squeezed his hand. Eddy looked at her and whispered to her whether she is ok. I am fine Eddy, I am just feeling cold. I can understand what you are feeling right now. I am here for you Jasmine. Your parents too are there for you. The moment Eddy said that, Jasmine left his hand. Jasmine why? Did I say anything wrong? No Eddy, you said nothing wrong. I'm just not feeling very well. Then I think we should go home Jasmine. No Eddy, let's stay a little bit longer. They were standing some few meters away from the road, where the car knocked down Owusu. Watching the cars pass by Jasmine suddenly broke into tears. Eddy tried to console her so many times but she wouldn't respond.

Eddy can you please wait for me? I will be back very soon. But where are you going? I am going to get something from the store over there. Then let's go together Jasmine. No please, wait for me here, I will be back very soon. Alright if you say so but please be very careful when crossing the road. She turned to the other side and faced the store at the other side of the road waiting for a car to pass before crossing. The road was finally. She took a step to cross and then made a pause. She turned to look at Eddy who was busily using his phone and then turned back. The place was very busy so people didn't take notice of anything except one man who carrying a load of who knows what. Jasmine was standing there still not moving forward or backwards. She noticed a car coming with a full speed from her left. 

At home, Mrs. Brown was awake in bed full of sweat. Honey where are you? She said, screaming. I am here. Mr. Maxwell responded. Mr. Maxwell quickly walked to the bedroom. Honey what's wrong? Why are you covered in sweat? Are you not feeling well? It's not that that Maxwell. Mrs. Brown was breathing heavily and couldn't even talk well. I, I, I .....You what honey? Calm down and talk to me. I just had a very horrible dream Maxwell and I am really scared. It's just a dream honey, don't be frightened. I guess it's because you were not feeling well, that's why you are having nightmares. No Max. This goes beyond not feeling well. Ok tell me what happened in the dream.