2

Clementine POV

It was the end of the week by now, which meant that Clem was finally getting ready for her date with Louis. It still seemed surreal that this was happening.
Her phone just vibrated, which she knew would be the popular boy with dreads since he was going to give details by the end of the week.

Louis: hey darling. Dress smart casual but not too casual.

Clementine: that's very cryptic. Can I know where we're going?

Louis: and that's a secret until 7pm ;)

And that gave Clementine around 3 hours to get ready. It sounded like a long time, but will go fast for a girl when doing a lot of prep for a special date.
Finally ready, Clem had decided to straighten her naturally curly hair. This meant that the length looked longer, up to her shoulder blades.
Her outfit was a simple bodycon dress, which went to her mid thigh. It was a deep red colour, which complimented her tan skin.

"Okay, I think I'm ready." She muttered to herself, with a smile in the mirror.

Louis: I'm outside now darling

Not wanting to keep him waiting for long, and out of excitement, Clem rushed down the stairs and headed for the front door.

"So, who are you going out with again?" A voice called. Lee.
Groaning, Clem responded "Dad, I already told you. It's a boy from school, and his name is Louis."
With crossed arms, the girls dad raised a brow in question. "And he's the heartbreaker of girls that you always complain about?" And Clem nodded in reply.
"But, he says he wants to change. And that he likes me." She spoke, growing hot at the memory from earlier this week.
Lee sighed. He could see his daughter growing up, and it scared him. "Fine. Just be careful." He said, finally.
"Thanks dad. Love you!" She finally responded, before heading out the door and down to Louis's awaiting car.

Stepping into the car, Clem was able to see Louis's outfit. It was a full suit, minus the blazer. Looking like that, Clem definitely wouldn't mind him breaking her heart.
"Hey you. Ready for tonight?" The boy with dreads spoke, giving a smirk.
"Bring it on." She replied, also matching his smirk.

While pulling out of her driveway, Louis spoke "You look stunning by the way."
Blushing at his words, Clem looked away and out towards the window. "Oh, thank you." She muttered, trying to hide a pleased smile. But, Louis already knew what the effect of the compliment was on the girl.

A short drive later, the pair arrived at a fancy looking restaurant. It had lights all around the fencing outside, and that gave it a welcoming vibe. From what she knew of the place, the business was family owned to a local guy.
"Isn't this place, like, really expensive?" Clem mumbled, remembering people mention the high prices.
Smiling in reply, Louis then spoke, "Yeah, I guess so. But, I want to make the night worth it."
"You could have taken me to the park and the night would be worth it." She retorted, feeling giddy.
He smiled slightly at that. "Maybe so but this place does the best cheesy garlic bread."
"Okay then. You've convinced me." She spoke with a smile too.

Entering the building, Clem was able to see how busy the place was. She didn't recognise anyone in there, which meant she didn't really fit in well.
The young pair were escorted to the opposite side of the restaurant, where there was private booth.

"Anything take your fancy?" Louis questioned, looking up to gaze at his date on the other side of the table.
Flipping through the menu, Clem was able to see prices. It made her slight nervous knowing she could never afford to bring someone to an as expensive place. "Hmm, I guess the chicken and rice sounds nice." She replied.
"That is a good choice. This place does nice steaks too." The older boy replied.

After ordering their food, the conversation was beginning to flow a lot more naturally.
"So, you're telling me that your pet turtle named Geoff was able to survive a whole two weeks without water?" Clem spoke, in disbelieve.
Grinning, Louis nodded. "That's exactly what I'm saying. That turtle was destined to live forever."
"Well, turtles can live for, like, a hundred years." Clem playfully retorted.
Louis looked shocked, replying "No way. I refuse to believe it."

But, that chat was rudely interrupted by a random girl. "Hey Louis. Wasn't expecting to see you tonight. Wanna join me after work?" She spoke with a flirty undertone.
This girl was very attractive. With a slender but tall figure, it stood out against her waitress uniform. Her bleach blonde hair paired with red lips wasn't a match to Clem's natural dark curls.

Calmly, Louis responded "No thanks. I'm currently on a date." Looking right at Clem.
"Since when did you go on dates with girls?" She snarled back.
"Since I wanted to improve myself and realised that I actually like Clem enough to not waste that?" Louis retorted, growing bored of the conversation.
"Whatever. I know you'll come crawling back. You always do. Don't forget that either." The random girl retorted, before finally walking away.

"Sorry about that. She's a bit of a hand full." Louis smiled apologetically at his date. She looked bored.
"Is that what I should expect from a second date?" Clem teased, feeling slightly jealous at the encounter. After all, that girl was stunning.
With an interested raised brow, Louis replied "Oh, so you are already thinking about a second date?" And leaned closer onto the table, in order to catch her response.
Realising the slight stumble of words, Clem began to blush. "I didn't mean it like that. It would be nice to see you again, if you wanted to as well." She tried to reason.

Taking a sip of his red wine, Louis smirked. "I'd love a second date darling."
And that made Clem smile even wider compared to earlier.

"So how would you rate this first date? 10/10?" Louis suggested, with a raised brow.
Giggling, Clem responded "Hmm, I would say a 8/10. I deduct a point from the rude interruption." Light heartedly.
"You're breaking my heart darling." He fake pouted, and continued. "How do I get that last point back?"
Clem fake thought to herself before answering. "How about a kiss?"
Leaning back in his seat, Louis gave a faint smile. "So, you kiss on the first date?"
Winking, Clem replied "Only with you." With a faint blush on her cheeks.

Vote and comment if you enjoyed.