Chapter Four

Shinji hung over the edge of his bed. Head hanging, almost touching the ground. A bowl of fruit sitting on his chest. His eyes kept their attention on the black fluffy tail of his cat, Grey. Grey walked back and forth in front of his face. Her tail running across his face every once in a while.

The thought of Kyoya played in his mind, along with the coming up of summer break, and then the last year of middle school. He was excited, yet nervous. But, the nervousness would leave him every time he remembers that Kyoya would be right next to him. Maybe this year, Kyoya will be less in his head like he was when they first met. 

Kyoya was still Kyoya. He'd cancel plans to do something his father asked him to. He'd still go to functions with their classmates. Shinji, not so much. He found out that he gets drained at functions the hard way. But, that didn't mean Kyoya would purposely ditch him. 

The two still found ways to be with each other. Even though they'd both get killed being seen with one another. And Shinji didn't mind.

The light pink lips moved along with a song in his head. A light hum came out. "Grey~" he sang out making the cat whip her head around to look at him in the eyes. "I think I like him?" He whispered. The cat stared at him before a light mew came out and she went back to walking back and forth.

Like him. He's only ever liked one other person before, and they rejected him the moment they found out. Which was fine with Shinji. Though, he did end up soaking his pillows with tears that week. 

"Master, someone's here for you," butler Ryo said peeking into the room. Shinji shot his attention towards the upside down Butler. His brows raising some.

"Let them in," and with that, the raven-haired boy walked in. His judgemental eyes scanned the room, and he frowned.

"You're a mess," he said kicking some wadded up paper to the side. Shinji, now full of embarrassment, quickly jumped up. Pushing himself to sit upright. But, in a blink of an eye, his hand slipped underneath him and he fell out of his bed onto the floor. The clatter of the now empty bowl echoed in the room.

He opened his eyes to see the dark brown-grayish eyes looking down at him. They reflected the light from his colorful lamps. It made them sparkle and glisten in the dark in a way that made Shinji forget all of the pain he was just having. He began smiling at the beautiful eyes. 

"Are you okay?" Kyoya asked worried and a bit confused about why he was smiling. Shinji nodded. Letting a smile escape his lips, Kyoya reached down and fixed Shinji's glasses.

"Good." Kyoya helped him up and pat his head in a way of affection. "I thought we could study in the library since our tests are a week from now." Shinji fixed his glasses and nodded. He looked up at Kyoya, and couldn't help but feel his heartbeat echo in his chest. THough the raven-haired boy couldn't hear it, Shinji sure could.

"You're absolutely right. Come on," he reached out and grabbed the taller boy's wrist and began pulling him out of his room. He thought, for a moment, he felt his hand go all fuzzy from the touch. But, once he glanced back and saw Kyoya pushing his glasses up which reflected the light, and look around his room in curiosity, he knew it was just his mind playing tricks.

Turning back around, Shinji pulled him to the library. The thought of his feelings towards the tall boy still lingering his mind.

Do you like me the way I like you?