Miss Reaper, Tested

"Stop it, Eric!" I demanded as I expertly moved out of the way as he tried to attack me yet again. "I don't have time for this. The higher ups wasn't me."

"Why?" He asked landing another punch on the poor tormented air as I moved to the left. "Aren't you a supervisor?"

"Yes," I said. "Which is why it's bound to be important you twit." I hit him over the head. Supervisors of the Dispatch Management Division were almost never called up. "I have to go, we can continue this after I get back. I don't see why you won't let it go. That was quite sometime ago and one little prank."

"Little prank!" He exclaimed. "Grell still tries to kill me." I shrugged as I walked away. So I told Grell Eric breaks him and Will up, I had my reasons.

"Good day, Slingby." I called as I turned a corner missing his attack on me with his scythe. I sighed and trudged my way to the higher ups office. What could this be about?

When I made it there, I saw none other than William T. Spears, a higher ranking supervisor, there. What did I do? I haven't done anything horrible lately, have I? "Now that you both here, we can move on and tell you what this is about." What?

~

"I cannot believe this." William and I chorused as we made it to the circus, Noah's Ark.

"Why are we so short handed that they'd send us supervisors?" I asked William as we mass see it to seats in the crowd. "And us two at that?"

"This only spells overtime for us." William acknowledged. I cursed mentally as I smoothed out my skirt. I don't particularly like dresses and usually stick to wearing a suit like the male grim reapers but, for our purposes at this time, I will put up with the frilly fabric. At least my death scythe doesn't actually have to be hidden. William looked weird holding his, a pruner. I will never understand why he has that as a weapon but, I won't complain. It's efficent. He doesn't like me much though. He... tolerates me. I guess that's better than normal because I'm a noble of Hell and I'm not being killed by him like he tries to do to other demons. The poor things... And he always manages to kill them mere moments before I get there. I sometimes wonder who's the time traveler. Me or him?

We watched the show as acquaintances. Well, you could tell we tolerated each other and that we came together. It seemed like a typical circus to me. But, there was something lurking in the background as always...Or else, quite frankly, we wouldn't have been here...For anything. As a noble of Hell, I have certain liberties such as a normal life outside of work. I actually live among humans. Caterina left me here and I haven't bothered going back to my own time. Interesting things happen here often.

The show ended and we got up to leave. Well, nothing odd on the surface at least. "I'm going to join the circus Will." I said.

"We don't need to join the circus to conduct an investigation." He said.

"I know but," I started. "Wouldn't it be fun?" He gave me a questioning look and I sighed. "I'll join the circus either way, do what you want. You never let me have any fun, I'm not missing this chance." He looked at me unamused and I only crossed defiantly and turned around haughtily and started walking with purpose only to trip over the fabric of my dress. I yep in surprise before someone caught me. I blushed in embarrassment. "Not one word, William." I muttered knowing the reaper was somewhat enjoying my mishap.

"My, miss. 'Ee should be a bit more careful." My savior said. He straightened me up.

"Thank you." I said giving a curtsey as I looked up at him. "Oh, you are the ring leader, correct? Joker?"

"That be 'ee, miss." He said. "Sorry but, I couldn't help but hear 'ee wanted to join the circus." I nodded already not looking him. He was eavesdropping? Or was I speaking loudly? I don't think I was. "I'm not sure with 'ee grace that be a great idea..." I blushed in embarrassment once again.