Epilogue

"Were you as nervous as me when you married dad, mum?"

Kalevan stood in the bedroom of their little Spanish Villa whilst Hermione straightened his cravat. He looked so handsome in his dress robes and at twenty four had grown up into a bright, empathetic and caring young man.

He was as good a Potion Master as his father and with the same analytical mind as Hermione. If anyone didn't know they'd have thought he was The Snape's biological son.

"I was incredibly nervous" she replied, smiling at him and laying her hands on his shoulders. "But I absolutely knew it was the most wonderful thing I was doing and along with the day I adopted you and when your brother and sister were born, it was the best day ever."

"I hope Lily feels the same. I know I'm ready to marry her."

"Your Lily has been ready for a long time. I've never met a couple more 'ready'.  Now, let's find your father and brother and we'd better go else we'll be late and your Uncle Harry would never forgive us if you were late to his only daughter's wedding."

"Ok.  I'm ready.  Toby's been pacing since about seven o'clock this morning, bless him.  He keeps checking he's got the rings.  I wonder if Ellie is ready yet?"

"She is.  Ginny floo'd me about half an hour ago and her and Lil are both ready and look gorgeous apparently.  Anyway, we'd better get to the Port Key else we won't get there at all.  Come on son.  Ready?"

He took a deep breath. "Ready" he nodded. 

**************

The wedding was an amazing success. Given permission by The Ministry to hold the service in the grounds of Hogwarts castle, the setting - A large, and ornately decorated marquee, with magical lanterns ready to light up in the evening - was a sight to behold and everyone came together to enjoy the ceremony. Even the weather was absolutely perfect for the whole day.

Having plumped for a more Muggle type service, Lily Potter, now Snape, looked radiant in her ivory satin floor length dress and veil and train, and her best friend and bridesmaid Eleanor (or Ellie as she preferred) Snape also looked beautiful in her teal dress with matching fascinator.

Not a dry eye in the house remained when the couple exchanged rings and spoke their wedding vows, both promising to love and cherish and honour each other to the end of their days.  The reception and wedding breakfast that followed was enjoyed by all, and the speeches by Kal, Severus and Harry were met with equal amounts of reverence and humour. 

After the formal reception, the evening party got into full swing with a band of wizards playing both magical and muggle songs.  People drank, danced and made merry late into the night, finally heading home well after midnight.

Between being the gracious 'Parents of the Bridegroom' and making sure they mingled amongst all their guests, Severus took the opportunity to grab his wife for a slow dance and afterwards they stood watching their family in front of them.

Severus slipped his arms round her and pulled her back to him, resting his chin on her head.

"We've done ok haven't we?" He spoke softly in her ear.

"We have my love."

"I'm thinking of retiring you know."

"Really? And what would you do with yourself all day?"

"Oh I don't know.... maybe I'll take up painting or something." Hermione giggled. She knew her husband would never retire despite often talking of it. "Retirement has been great for Arbi. Just look at him. Ninety three last birthday and he can still cut a rug better than wizards a fraction of his age." They both looked over to where their dear friend Arbi was swinging his wife Minerva around on the dance floor with great gusto, much to the amusement of their audience.

Hermione sighed.

"I wouldn't have changed anything for the world you know." She said and Severus squeezed her tighter. "Kal and Lil look so happy. I hope their marriage will be as wonderful as ours, or Harry and Ginny's. I'll miss them when they go to Australia though."

"Yes but being asked to start a new Wizarding School in Koala-Go-Backwards or wherever it is, is quite a coup for them." Hermione chuckled and smacked his hand.

"Stop calling it that! It's Navagong Springs and you very well know that.... That's the third school opening in the last two years in Australia alone. Just goes to show how the Wizarding World is increasing in size, despite the abolition of The Marriage Law all those years ago."

"It does indeed. Rumour has it England is getting another school in Cornwall next year. The Minister of Education can hardly keep pace with all the new kids of an age ready to attend. Our section at Hogwarts for Primary aged children has been a huge success."

"It has. Eleanor has promise of being an exceptional teacher of the little ones.  Madame Moray told me she is the best student teacher she has had. She's a natural apparently."

"Takes after you then, my love." Severus bent and kissed her cheek. "Do you think Toby will ever settle at one thing?"

They both looked over to their youngest son who was dancing with Leonora Longbottom - Neville and Luna's only child - and the way they were looking at each other made Severus and Hermione wonder if there wasn't more to the relationship than they had let on.

"He's happy Sev. He's living his best life."

"Is being a 'Lifeguard' in Newquay living 'his best life'?"

"He's on a gap year. Didn't you ever have the urge to just give up everything for a year and just enjoy yourself?"

"No. And anyway this is his second year of a one year gap" he replied with faux grumpiness.

Hermione laughed at him. She knew that deep down he was enormously proud of all of his children; Kal and Eleanor were studious and driven yet young Toby was very much a drifter - High on life, with no responsibilities and absolutely no goals other than living each day as if it was his last.

"Tobias is a free spirit.  I daresay we could all learn a thing or two from his attitude to life." She said, pulling his arms round her even tighter.

"Well Miss Longbottom will soon kick him into touch.  She was a complete ball breaker when I taught her a few years ago.  She's the absolute antithesis to her parents."

"Yes I remember her giving anyone that crossed her short shrift back then. She's a lovely girl though. I wonder if they'll marry?"

"Who knows. At least they have the freedom of choice, thanks to you my darling girl." She looked up at him and smiled and he dipped his head kissing her soundly."

"Mind you" he said eventually breaking for air "If there had been no Marriage Law originally I don't know if we'd ever have got together."

"Oh I don't know" she replied, turning to look deeply into his eyes. "I think it was our destiny. The Prince Family Betrothal Ring seemed to know that."

"I love you Missus Snape."

"And I love you Mister Snape."

And they did. For #Always

The End End.

###########################

Thank you for reading my little fanfic and I desperately hope you enjoyed it.

If you did, I'd love to hear from you (and even if you didn't then I'd still love to hear your comments as to how I can improve the next time).

Much love

JR xxxxxx PS - I've given you one small final chapter so read on.... ;)