“Chris you’re not my man, the last thing ima have you do is take care of me too” She shook her head.

            Now that he also sees that her pride is in the way it was gonna be harder to get this through her head than what he thought. He was just so sure that Sandra was the type of girl to jump quickly once he said he’ll take care of her but he was completely wrong. She’s a very independent person and for that he commends her. But the way she’s going about being independent is wrong, she needs to find a safer job and consider everyone around her.

            Chris ran his hands down his face. “Sandra, I’m willing to do whatever it is to make you change your mind about this”

            “You just don’t fucking get it do you?” She yelled while turning around. “This is not a fucking option Chris it’s really not! I can’t get another job, because I never graduated from High School because I was taking care of your child!”

            “If that’s the case then how come you didn’t tell me about her back then? I could’ve helped you through whatever” He walked closer to her as she stood in front of the sink.

            “Because I was so sure that out of the both of us that you would’ve been the one to do something with your life and I didn’t wanna mess that up for you! I didn’t want Harmony to become a burden to your dreams” She lowered her head.

            Chris and Sandra made Harmony when they were just in the tenth grade, while Chris still had his head on his shoulders. He, Shayne, and Jr.Bird were popular for basketball and everyone just knew they would go to college and branch out with their talent. Instead they threw it away by getting down with the drugs.

            “That wouldn’t have happened” He looked down at her.

            She quickly protested by shaking her head. “It would have, you were only sixteen. The last thing you wanted to do was take care of a child that I’m sure you would’ve thought wasn’t yours”

            Chris couldn’t objection against what she said because he knows that his sixteen year old mind worked differently than now and that would’ve happened.

            “Maybe that would’ve happened” He placed his thumb under chin making her look up at him. “But as the years would’ve went by I’m sure I would’ve came to my senses”

            “Well what’s done is done. We can’t keep talking about what we would’ve done, we just need to focus on what we can do now” She sighed. “I honestly doubt I’ll stop working at the club, so you’re gonna have to either deal with it or deal with it”

            Chris removed his hand from her chin and shook his head. Even after telling her that he can do for her she still has her pride in the way.

            “Sandra, I promise I got you” He said just above a whisper.