"Oh..." I sigh, picking up my papers and feeling a little embarrassed.

"I'm really sorry to have bothered you today good sir." I try to sound confident and controlled, pushing up my glasses back to my face.

I'm about to open the door when he rushes over and closes it, making me want to run outa there like a scared little girl.

"Well I'm Mr. Black" he says, and my eyes grow wide. Mr. Black as in THE Mr. Black, son of Jason Black owner of the famous Black's Hotel, Barqaouse Restaurant and Black's manufacturing industry. His son, the man standing before me known as Carson Black, is the CEO of all the major franchises.

My mind went blank, trying to search for words.

"I might be able to satisfy your needs" he says with a sly smirk, finally letting go of the door and leaving space between our two bodies.

"What can I do you for miss?" Finally buttoning up the business like shirt and covering his bare skin.

"Well like I said I'm here for an interview" I say, handing him my manuscript and credentials I have now neatly stacked up.

He glanced through them, not paying much attention to the work that I carefully put into it.

Finally he spoke, breaking the silence.

"It says here you graduated college at the age of 19 and you're currently working On getting a masters?" He questioned and I was hoping he'd be more impressed. But the blank expression on his face told me otherwise.

"Uh...yes, that's true. I'm going back to school in the fall" I feel his glare on me but I don't bother looking at him, instead I fiddle with my nails picking at them, trying to calm myself down. I try not to think about how nervous I am in that moment.

"Look at me" his voice wasn't even harsh but it scared the hell out of me. I look up at him, acting like he had no effect on me.

"So that would mean you graduated high school at...14?" Still looking down at his papers, un effected by my hard work.

I clear my throat in an awkward way and smile "yes sir"

He eventually looked up from my papers and looked me straight in the eyes.

"Hon, don't expect to walk into an interview, majoring in business and come out with a job for a maid"

I look down at my hands and try not to anxiously play with them.

He thinks your a kid, who's not even qualified to be a maid

"Look. At. Me." His harsh tone stabbing me like a knife. Reluctantly, I look up.

"Better" he huffs out.

After a moment of silence, he looked at me and said "you're not qualified for this job Miss. Gunner" and that just confirmed my thoughts.

Almost sporadically, I walk out of the door, tears filling my eyes. I curse at myself, thinking about all the things I did so wrong to ensure that I didn't get the job. I obviously wasn't " qualified for this job" or so say Mr. Iknoweverthingandimbetterthanyou Black. Why such a change in his demeanor? He seemed so nice before we talked business.

He probably thinks I'm a freak for just walking out on him like that too. Before my thoughts can get the best of me I take a deep breath and press the button on the outside of the elevator.

"You're a fast walker" I turn around to see no other then Carson Black, now wearing his full suit that I saw him in earlier.

I try not to make eye contact or speak whatsoever because if I do I might just burst.

We both get into the elevator as the "ding" signals us and gives us its approval.

"My words made you cry" he stated almost like it was a question. But never the less still smug and confident in his words.

I don't give him the satisfaction of a reply but the man scoffs when he realizes, I'm purposely ignoring him.

The bell on the elevator let's us know we're at our first floor and I can't wait to be out of this place and away from his presence.

"Give me your hand" he states firmly but I don't budge.

No. Way.

He takes my hand from out of my back pocket slowly sending goosebumps down my whole body.

He carefully caresses my palm making me feel weird inside. Handing me his card he comes close to me and says "Over reacting won't get you anywhere darling. I meant you're OVER qualified for a maids job."

As he walked out into floor one he winked and yelled "call my assistant, you start Monday"

I know that was a really long one sorry:)
Leave a comment and don't forget to voteeeeeeeee & followwwww