Chapter 13 ~ Friends?

Casey's POV

After hearing Brooklyn's story was amazing it kind of gave me a bit of an insight into how she works. But I was getting this feeling that I never felt before not even with Gabby but it was kind of like butterflies. I never hot then around anyone else but I got them around Brooklyn I brushed them off pushing it to the back of my head.

"I'm sorry I don't have any food we can go out to grab something if you want?" I said turning to look at Brooklyn.

"Yeah sure just let me get changed." She replied as she got up off the couch grabbing her bag and walking into the bathroom. She then came out of the bathroom 10 minutes later wearing black skinny jeans with a loose grey top with and white and grey plaid button down with light brown ankle-high boots. Running her finger through her blue hair a couple of times.

"ready?" she said knocking me back to reality. I nodded and we walked out the door. Walking out of the building and walking to her car he stopped in his tracks. There in front of him was an S550 Ford Mustang with a Brooklyn Ziva getting in. he shook his head a couple of times before getting in.

"You OK?" she asked me.

"Yeah, this car is exactly the same as Kelly Severide's car," I told her.

"Oh yeah, it is his car." She told me.

"Wait why do you have his car?"

"He gave it to me to use until I get one. He's my brother."

"Hold on Kelly is your brother?"

"Yeah same mum different dad, that's why we have different last names." She said like it was nothing.

"Why did he not say anything?" I asked confused.

"we didn't exactly get along growing up. and when I told him I was being transferred all I can say is he was not happy. But he was nice enough to let me borrow a car until I get mine." She told me.

She then started the car and pulled off onto the road. We drove around before settling on a small bakery on a corner. We both walked in and sat down and ordered. We talked for a bit about life and growing up exchanging little smiles every now and then. I know we have only known each other for about three days but it feels like have known her for longer. After we ate, I had to pick up my truck since we left it at Molly's. We got back into Brooklyn's car and headed to Molly's. pulling up we both got out and walked over to my truck.

"Thanks for staying last night I appreciate it," I told her.

"Ahh, it's ok just doing what any friend would do." She answered back.

With that, I couldn't help but smile. She considered me a friend after how I treated her.

"Look I have to go I need to go pick up the rest of my things from the airport I got a message saying the plane has landed. Which meant I get my car. See you later Casey."

"Yeah bye," I replied with the biggest smile onmy face. With that she got in and drove away and I did the same.