Chapter 22

Chapter 22

Cree POV

I stayed in the living room all day. I've been laying down in the same spot on the couch for hours.

I turned the TV off a while ago and laid in silence just thinking about my mom and Terrel, but mainly my mom.

'Do you realise that your mother is in somebody's trap house right now?  She probably tied up beggin' to be free all because of what? Because you made a deal with the devil himself. This is all your fault.'

I blamed myself over and over. That's been going through my mind all day. I was tired of being alone and I needed somebody to be here with me before my thoughts drive me completely insane.

I took out my phone and looked at the time.  *7:30*.

'Where is aunty?' I thought to myself. I dialed her number and it rang, then went straight to voicemail. 'She probably with that Rockwell nigga.' If she is, I can't do anything, but I did warn her.

I locked my phone and put it beside me. As soon as I set it beside me it started vibrating. I picked it up and it was Malik's name across the screen.

"Hello." I answered lowly.

"Wassup?"

"Nothin', home by myself." I said looking out the window over the couch at the darkening sky.

"Aight well I'll be over there soon."

"Okay, but before you hang up, I just want to apologize for the way I talked to you this morning, its just I had a lot on my mind and, I don't know, but I didn't mean it."

"Its fine Cree. But you have to know that as my girl I always wanna make sure you alright, I know you have your days, shit I do too, but you gotta understand that I'm here for you whatever you goin' through aight."

"Yea, I hear you." I said lowly tracing the wrinkles in my t-shirt.

"Aight I'll see you in a few."

"Okay." I said then hung up.

I got up from the couch and went to my bathroom downstairs to take a quick shower.

After my shower I put on my undergarments and lotion. There was a knock at the door and I put on my ankle socks and a big black t-shirt.

The knocking continued and it just got louder and louder.

"I'm coming Malik, damn!" I yelled walking up the first flight of stairs. I unlocked the door and opened it but Malik wasn't on the other side.

"Wassup?" He said and I tried to close the door quickly but he stopped it with his foot. He pushed the door forcefully causing me to fall back. He walked in and closed the door behind him. "You're really rude you know that. How you gon' close the door on a guest?"

I stared at him as he moved closer to me. "Why can't you just leave me alone?"

"Damn Cree, see I wish it was that easy, but when my money is involved it isn't that easy for me to just, 'leave you alone'." He said calmly. "So what you're gonna do, is come with me, and please don't make this harder than it needs to be." He said tilting his head to the side.

I wasn't about to let him take me that easily. I thought about the door in the kitchen that lead to the back porch. I thought about it for a second then went for it.

I ran up the stairs as quickly as possible. I ran straight for the kitchen and to the back door. I heard Ace closely behind as I fumbled with the locks trying to get them open. I opened the door only to have it shut right back. Ace grabbed me by waist and carried me out of the kitchen. I kicked and clawed at his hands, but he seemed unfazed by all of it.