Chapter 11

Chapter 11

This past week Boog has been giving me crazy good rhythm. I haven't really talked to him since I came here but I'm glad I finally got to sit and talk with him. I also found out that his name is Brandon. He is really nice and I love his personality. I wonder why he is just getting to know me.

"So why do they call you Boog?" I asked as we did our independent work.

"Well, I got the name when I was a kid and it just stuck ever since."

"Okay, but you still didn't answer my question."

"I don't think that is a story for right now."

"Why not, tell me Brandon please." I whined.

"Aight, well when I was younger my mom would always catch me," He stopped and looked around to see if anyone was listening.

"Catch you what?" I asked out of suspense.

"She used to catch me eating my boogers, and she gave me that name." He said quietly.

I stopped and stared at him. "Are you serious?!" I asked grossed out. He nodded his head. "Eww, that is so gross!" I said covering my face and laughing.

"Can you keep it down?" Someone asked with hella attitude.

"Can you mind your business?" I said.

Then the bell rang, Boog, the others, and I all had gym this period. I walked into the girls locker room of the gym and changed into gym shorts and a v-neck t-shirt. I walked out of the locker room and went into my line and did the stretches.

After stretches I sat on the bleachers because there was nothing else to do while the boys played basketball. Another thing I miss about Brooklyn, the guys and girls all had something to do. We had the choice to walk the track but its to cold for that shit.

"I'm bored." I said voicing my thoughts.

"You wanna go walk on the track?" Nika asked.

"Hell no." I said sitting back. I took out my phone and went on Instagram and clicked on the camera in the middle to take a picture. "Nika, Tati say cheese!" I said then stuck my tongue out and took the picture as they both covered their faces. I looked at the picture and chose a filter. "Why y'all coverin' y'all face?" I asked.

"'Cause you don't come out the blue and take pictures like that Cree." Tati said.

"Child please." I said looking over to the boys playing basketball. "You guys wanna have a little fun?" I asked.

"Sure, anything to get us off this bleacher." Nika said.

"Let's mess up the guys game."

"I'm down." Tati said.

"Come on." I said hopping off the bleachers.

We walked over to the boys and just stood in the midst of the game. "Can y'all move?" Quay said.

"No." Nika said.

I stole the ball from Quay's hands then started dribbling the ball up and down the court. I passed it to Tati and she passed it to Nika. We did everything in our power to keep the ball from the guys. Nika passed me the ball and I dribbled away from the guys I ran up the court with the ball until I felt someone grab me from behind and swing me around causing me to drop the basketball. I looked back and it was Brandon holding me.

"Y'all think its cute messin' up grown men's game?"

"Yes." I said.

"Whatever get outta here, the three of y'all so we can finish our game." Brandon said putting me down.