Stepping into the emotions

You listen to music, you love music, it becomes apart of your life. - Bruno Mars

Candice POV

The cafeteria food here is really good and they have amazing organization of healthy meals. I saw Zion already beaten me here already found a table with his lunch tray with him.

I grabbed my lunch and made a break over to his table.

"You're quick I see" I said placing my lunch tray onto the table. 

"What can I say? I'm quicker than you think" he smiled giving me a cheesy grin.

"Don't ever do that again"

I looked at him with a straight face then chuckled.

"I'm kidding"

"So how were your classes?" He asked.

I stopped almost about to eat some of my salad when he asked me that.

"Great, but I'm ready to dance"

"Oh really?"

"Zion you and me been dancing since elementary school day" I had always took dancing seriously. Day and night I would always practice different dance routines and watch videos online as well.

"Obviously you just lazy" he bite into his hotdog.

"I put more dedication in dancing, running and playing sports" he has the nerve to call me lazy, but don't wanna bring up the time when him and Malik never did their homework and we're slackers in PE class.

I remember one time I had to tutor the both of them once in middle school and they didn't even pay attention to me. They were selling hot chips, candy and sodas back then. Malik was a quick hustler around that time but he's different now.

"In sports, you only mean basketball?"

"Basketball, Tennis, Soccer and hockey"

"Oh those were some great days" he said drifting off into his mind.

"It was kinda the highlight of my life when I whooped you and Malik butts in basketball"

"You was lucky Candice" he gave me a grumpy look.

"Remember you and Malik doing the Soulja Boy crank that dance?"

"Yeah and you dancing to Buy U a drank by T Pain"

"I sure do miss those days"

"Heyyy" said Kiara sitting next to me along with Adam.

"What are you both talking about?" asked Kiara drinking a bottle of water.

"That the music today sounds the same"

"Tell me about it" said Kiara strolling down her timeline on Instagram.

"Today we have a lot of singers and rappers that are underrated" said Adam.

"Then there are those who are overrated" said Kiara.

"There is a difference between those two words, For an example, underrated is when a good movie is being played but no one pays attention to it or doesn't get the praise it deserves"

I can understand where Adam is coming from. Listening to a song  or watching a movie that is outstanding but it doesn't get the appreciation and recognition for its worth.

It's just something about that one song you can relate or understand the message within the lyrics.

"Most underrated artists are slept on today" said Zion.