12

A/n: Woah, 1k reads already?! I wasnt expecting that, lol. At least, not so soon. But I'm glad that people are exploring and giving this story a chance. Thanks for all of the reads! And if you celebrate it, Happy Easter!

Otherwise, I hope you have a nice day!

I gasp as my eyes shot open, and I abruptly sit up.

Looking to my left, I see Trish sitting on a chair nearby. She notices that I'm awake.

"Trish! Are you okay?! What about Giorno and Narancia?!"

The girl suddenly comes up to me and whacks the back of my head. I wince.

"How dare you make me worry about you when I have other things to worry about!" Trish yells. "You went outside, telling me, promising me that everything will be okay! And the next time I see you, you're covered in blood?!"

I rub the sore part of my head whilst staring at her in confusion as she crosses her arms and faces away from me.

"As for the other two, they're completely fine. Giorno healed your wounds." She calms down.

"Ah, is that so. . ." I comment, my thoughts trailing off.

The room is silent for a moment.

"I'm sorry. . . For making you worry." I apologize, leaning over to hug my legs. "You're right; I was supposed to be protecting you, but instead, I ended up lying to you and putting you in more danger. And I almost broke my promise."

One of my hands curls up into a tight fist as I bite the inside of my lip in frustration.

"I'll try not to make empty and impossible promises anymore."

It goes silent again, this time filled with a tense yet downcasted feeling.

A memory flashes through my mind, and I swiftly but quietly reach up to my neck, checking for a pulse.

It's still there.

I sigh in relief, then glance towards the teenage girl.

"I'm gonna go check in with the others. . . You stay here." I inform Trish before getting up to leave. But she stays silent, sitting on a chair.

Scratching my head, I look around, unsure of what to do. I don't want to just leave her here, especially with how we are right now.

"Uhh. . . I'm not sure if you've finished reading your Vogue magazines, but if you want, you can go on my phone." I offer, taking my phone out and hurriedly logging out of all of my social media accounts.

Trish looks my way and shyly reaches over to grab my phone, opening the internet app.

I watch her for a few seconds before going to the middle of the room and extending my arm upwards.

Exiting Coco Jumbo, I sit down next to him and look around. Facing Bruno, who was next to the turtle, I ask, "Where are we heading off to now, Bucciarati?"

Said man whips his head in my direction with wide eyes.

"(F/n)! You're alright!"

"Well, yeah, of course I am. Giorno healed me." I respond nonchalantly. I then turn to face the fifteen-year-old. "Oh, by the way, thanks for doing that. It's helpful to have a healer in the team."

He nods in response.

"It's nothing to thank me about, I'm just playing my part. We'll need all the help we can get to defeat the boss." Giorno replies.

I smile a nod back to him before facing Bucciarati again.

"So, we've already settled on going to Sardinia, right? Are we going by plane?" I question.