6

As I refilled my car's gas tank, I went on my phone to read the next few chapters.

"Let's see. . . Next Fugo, Giorno, and Abbacchio go to Pompeii to get the key. . . But how am I supposed to prevent Illuso from dying?" I mumble to myself. "Formaggio was easy, but Fugo and Giorno are still technically where he dies."

The refill eventually finishes and I give the amount of money due before driving off.

I search the directions then head for the historical site. My situation with Formaggio plus the added distance driving from La Squadra's headquarters delayed my arrival significantly.

By the time I get there, all three members of Bruno's team were no where to be found. Most likely already in Illuso's mirror world.

And Kakyoin says such thing doesn't exist.

Anyways, back to the topic.

I make my way towards the Dog Mosaic and bump into Purple Haze along the way, who is just standing still. It catches me off guard, but I soon calm down. To be honest, I expected him to have a much scarier voice but it's- Oh my God is that a cape on his back? That wasn't there in the manga!

Despite his lethality, Purple Haze is suddenly adorable.

His cuteness level rises when he begins to freak out about his saliva staining him.

C-cute. . .

I gain a strange sudden urge to hug the Stand or at least pat him on the head, but keep my distance as to not get infected and die.

Oh wait, my Castaway can repel stuff, which means I can repel Purple Haze's virus! I'm dumb. . . Wait, a minute. If I can defeat Purple Haze, wouldn't that mean my Stand is OP, too?

I quickly turn around and slouch, holding my head as I contemplate.

Oh god, oh fu-!

Ok, I really need to stop my thoughts from wandering.

Previously, I had learned that if my Stand were to make itself repelling, I wouldn't be able to possess that ability at the same time and vice versa.

Using my Stand's ability on myself before having her disappear, I approach Purple Haze and lightly pat him on the head. He then suddenly swipes at me.

Oh, I probably scared Fugo. Whoops!

When I back away, the Stand continues vigorously trying to rid itself of its saliva. I sweat drop.

"Do. . . Do you need a handkerchief?" I offer, a little confused by its actions. Purple Haze seems to ignore me, so I go up to it and wipe the saliva off, causing his eyes to sparkle at his newly found cleanliness.

I then back away from the boy's Stand when Illuso suddenly appears out of no where, one of his hands missing and bleeding profusely.

Jumping back in surprise, I quickly hide behind one of the nearby walls.

"Th-that was really close, but, ha! My resolve. . . My resolve wins in the end! This is nothing!" The man exclaims, clutching onto his dismembered limb.

Damn, these guys really are ambitious. Willing to even severely injure themselves just to get their hands on Trish. . . Okay, that was worded badly, but you know what I mean. Even if they're assholes, having a trait like this is commendable, I have to admit.

The sound of something dragging on the stone ground can be heard. I automatically register it as Giorno's snake made from the brick Purple Haze punched earlier.