Prologue.

My body is numb.

Save.

That was the only word that kept chanting itself inside of my head, my mantra for the past couple of years.

Lay down!

My body seemed to whisper, a bullet that should've shot me in the back whisk past me, my helmet falling in the process as I get back up on my feet. Bullets and grenades flew past me as I kept putting one foot in front of the other.

My hands that once held guns now held hunter knives as I glued my eyes on the child screaming from fear, her hair that once had been a set of beautiful brown curls was now dull and dry, skin that was once filled with nothing but freckles was now covered in bruises. She was covered in blood, clutching her ear as she cried in her own foreign language, eyes shut tight as she tried to eat the nonexisting gap that she curled upon at the small hole that was between the ruins of a building that had stood proud and tall back then.

I screamed in defiance. As a grenade flew past me.

No! Save. Save. SAVE!.

And I did what was told. I had out ran it. I knew I could die, but I didn't care. Dropping my other knife and halting ing front of the bomb, I had gripped the hilt of my knife as hard as I could like a baseball bat as it neared my swinging range.

I swung. 

TANG.

It flew back where it had come from.

As adrenaline run through me, I ran towards the frieghtened child, no more than three. 

Hands stretch out to grab her, but I halted as the familiar pain course through my left shoulder.

I've been shot.

But the worst sense of dread that killed my once numb body was the bullets that pierced through me and the last thing I thought before I die.

"Why didn't I wake up."

~~~~~~~~

EY Pips so new story and hope you like the music though I was listening to it when I was writing this.

Pls. Visit My Profile and read my other stories if you liked this one. 

With all my funny hearts.

-sweet_halo