Chapter 2: Same Cloth

Rainbow Machine

Chapter 2

Same Cloth

The cropped up moss brown hair with the few streams of dirt brown fell to the side. His bright blue eyes gave him an eternal happy look. The two toned skin on his face told her that he was in fact a combination of her good friend Dareth, and brother Zane.

The hair on the back of her neck seemed to prickle as she watched him look at her. She walked forward.

"How long have you been able to do this? Does it hurt? What is the thought pattern like? Are you a brand new person or are you both Dareth and Zane trying hard to figure out how to move one leg using two minds? What do you feel like?" She took his hand feeling along his fingers to hand. His palm was metal while his fingers were skin.
"Whoa! Lady chill out I'm Dane...Just Dane. Also can you not? I'm not to be studied I'm no guinea pig. Hard enough that I'm within the one place I hated." He said stretching out his arms. Bending back and then forward again. A few joints popping as he did. " I'm afraid of you, and those." He pointed to the cameras.

Danny's heart dropped as he said that. He was comprised of both her friend, and brother. How could he hate her?

"I'm sorry...I just...was curious." She said walking out of the room into the hallway.
"Damn it Dareth! Your insecurities are getting me into trouble!" He growled through clenched teeth. "DP!...Doc! Wait!" He yelled running out the door. It slammed shut. Dane sighed knocking on the door. "Doc...lookit...I'm...insecure and stupid okay. I'm scared of you cause of what ya are. Your my doc...well Dareths doctor, and I'm scared of what they'd do ta me cause I'm a cyborg. First of its kind. I ain't got a QR code, and I'm not registered. I'd be turned into cyborg pudding by the end of the day if they found me." He heard the lock click. He peeked into the room.

"I have...abandonment issues." She said sitting on the end of her desk, her feet sitting on the chair in front of her. "You'd probably already know this from Zane, but my dad left us. We were doing great, then all of the sudden...he's gone. As if we never mattered to him. Mom said he didn't care to see us anymore. That we were getting in the way of his work." She said shaking her head. "I was...6." She said looking up at him. Her eyes had a far off stormy look to them. Like she had seen enough, and life had barely begun for her. Two years later mom found someone else. They got married pretty quickly, and soon enough she was pregnant with Zane...and then Echo too."

"Oh I see. Zaney here turned into your constant and ya latched onto him. Its understandable." The building shook and yelling could be heard from outside. Danny looked out of the floor to ceiling windows.

"Mob...they're trying to get into the building." Danny called out. Her hand being taken. She nearly fell on her face. Dane looked down at her.

"Try to keep up."

"Where are we going?" She cried out as she hit the floor inside the elevator. As the doors were closing she spotted a man in black, purple eyes, and a large helmet. Her heart skipped a beat as he glared at them as the door shut. "He's going to kill us." She was shaking, shivering. Her eyes locked on the door. She knew that man...from a long time ago. But didn't he die? "Garmadon..." She whispered.

"GarmaWho?" Dane asked. Danny didn't seem to register that he was talking at all.

Dane watched Danny recoil slowly from the door as they went up to the roof.

"Doc? Yo Doc...Ya hear me?" He tapped her cheek a few times. She gasped and looked up at him.

"They're after us." She whispered. Her eyes rested on him as he kneeled down to her level.

"What do ya mean after us?" He squished her cheeks. She made a squeeking noise as he did this.

"We're inside of Borg tower. We're in his territory. Isn't that what bad people do Kill those who mean nothing to them?" She asked looking up at him with so much fear.

"Don't worry...we'll be fine." He looked around the roof.

"How are we gonna get off the roof?" She asked. Dane pointed toward Borgs helicopter.

"That...is our ride." He beamed.

"You can't fly that!...can you?" She asked.

"Well technically it's Zane that can fly it. He's had a chopper before." He said scooting into his chair letting Danny scoot in after him putting a seatbelt on. Dane doing the same beside her before placing a helmet onto her head. "Gotta protect that pretty head of yours." He said putting one on too.

Flicking on the buttons and the choppers blades began to spin. Danny was shaking looking around from the door back to the yok. It was going to slow for her liking. There were so many explosions, so many yells, so much crying. Luckily Echo was still home. Suddenly the doors burst open and Pixal threw her brothers through the door.

"I said get up here." She yelled. The boys looked around at Danny.

"Come on!" Danny yelled motioning for them to get in. Pixal pointed at Danny.

"You had better take care of them." She spat. She wasn't to keen on Danny. Actually she hated her guts for some untold reason. The door slammed behind her. She obviously had a job to do. Dane took to the air finally with both Borg boys behind them. Minny seemed to be scared actually. An emotion Danny wasn't sure he actually had for a human boy. Cryptor even held onto him. The whole of Ninjago came into view.

"Do you know where you're going?" Cryptor asked.

"We'll head toward the Birchwood. See if we can find Dr. Julian." Dane said.