Mike was about to run downstairs to get a key, but I kicked the door in instead. Both of us ran in eyeing the room. We heard water running from the bathroom. We yelled out for her and got no response. Mike ran over to the bathroom door and bust through it. He found Raina in the overfilled tub with her head just above the water. Mike screamed out. I rushed in behind him.

He shook her. She looked as if she was sleeping, but she wasn't. My heart sunk. Her head was tilted back against the tub and one of her arms dangled.

"No, no no—no, no, no!" I kept repeating. I rushed over to check her pulse. She had a faint one.

Mike kept on shaking and slapping at her face. I reached over and turned the water off, panicking. Leah came running in screaming hysterically. I helped Mike get her out of the tub. I quickly grabbed her robe from the hook to cover her up.

"Help me, please! Call somebody, man." Mike cried out. Leah was already on the phone with the operator. We weren't that far from the hospital. I insisted on driving us there faster. We hurried and got her in the car.

I drove as fast as I could thankfully all the lights I went through were green. Leah and Mike held Raina in the back seat. "God we need you." I whispered softly.

I saw scars on her when we got her out of the tub. They were under her breast, stomach and hip area. They look like stab wounds or something she had to get stitches for.

"Rai, please get up. I'm sorry Rai,— I'm sorry." Mike cried out, holding her closer to him. "I won't make it without you. Don't leave me.

My breathing picked up, and tears rolled effortlessly down my face. My vision was blurry the rest of the way, but I got us there. I pulled in, hitting the curb at the entrance. I didn't care. I rushed out of the car barely putting it in park. I went over and helped Mike carry her out, because he wasn't letting her go. We rushed inside spotting a doctor walking passed.

"Help us please, my girl— she needs help." I cried out loudly startling everyone in sight. Nurses and doctors rushed over with a gurney laying her down.

"Did she take anything?" A doctor ask while checking her. "Yes, her antidepressants, I think the whole bottle." Mike spoke up.

"Her body temp is elevated, and pupils are dilated. —Let's move people before she start seizing." The doctor stated while turning her on her side. They hurried and rushed Raina back.

I looked at Mike stunned. Leah directed him to a seat in the waiting room. He sat crying hysterically. I went out to park my car and made it back inside. I stood at the door across from where Mike and Leah were seated. I could easily see when the doctors came back.

Mike couldn't sit still. He shifted in the seat until he couldn't anymore. He stood up and went to the front desk to try to get information. They didn't have an update and said they would let us know when they heard.

"This is bullshit. I've been sitting here for about thirty minutes now. Somebody need to tell me something!" He yelled at the lady behind the desk. "Sir, we don't have any new information right now. I will let you know and someone will come out to update you—" He walked off not trying to hear what she had to say, finding himself back in his chair next to Leah.

He didn't have to wait long. A doctor came out updating him. She basically said Rai's status was still up in the air and that they needed him to sign some forms. He went over to the desk and did so. He came back taking his seat.

After a couple hours went by another doctor came out. Mike seemed to be familiar with him. He let the other doctors know that Raina was his patient.

"Hey Mr. Jackson." Mike stood up. I finally took a seat in the near by chair where I stood. My hands covered my mouth and my elbows rested just above my knees. I was praying as I rocked back and forth.

"Dr. Saunders, what's going on with my sister? Mike asked. "Well, we gave her some benzodiazepine because she did start seizing. As for her Tricyclic overdose we did the charcoal method. We don't want to chance it getting any further into her bloodstream." He responded casually as if Mike already knew about this. It started feeling like this wasn't her first attempt.

Mike nodded as I stared in their direction. My vision clouded again.
"She's resting. We're keeping her in critical for a minimum of twelve hours. Her blood pressure is elevated but slowly going down. We're monitoring her closely and pumping her up with fluids." The doctor informed.

"Is she out of the woods? Will she be ok? When can I see her?" Mike asked nervously rambling. "I would give her a few more hours to rest. Let us make sure she's recovering properly. As of now we have to let her body do the work and we wait. If she hadn't gotten here when she did we wouldn't have this fighting chance. —I will personally come back out and update you Mr. Jackson. I'm hopeful." The doctor patted Mike's back.

"Ok, thank you Dr. Saunders —for everything you've done for us over the years." Mike told him. "No thanks needed. Go ahead and contact Dr. Mills and set up an appointment with her. I'll send over her records."

"Thanks and will do." Mike agreed. The Doctor walked off and Mike went back over to his seat and let out a big sigh. He pulled out his phone and made a call. Leah notified Sienna and Rita. Then they told the rest of the crew. They were on their way over.

I leaned back in my seat, tilted my head back against the wall then sent up another silent prayer.

{Song: "Nobody Knows" by August Alsina}

✌🏾 ☮️