Dr. Reid 8

"Why are we working with the FBI? They're just a bunch of pencil pushers and knuckleheads

"Why are we working with the FBI? They're just a bunch of pencil pushers and knuckleheads." Reid groaned from his seat at his desk in the BAU office.

"Woah, someone has something against the big guys." Morgan chuckled, surprised to hear those types of words coming from Reid's mouth. The boy was like a walking dictionary, rarely was his vocabulary minimized to 'knuckleheads'.

"The big guys are asses who believe that because they have the badge and gun they can do anything they want." Reid spat once again.

"Did you have some childhood bully who became an FBI agent or something?" Penelope asked, showing concern for Reid's obvious disdain for FBI agents.

"No, I just don't like them." he huffed. Suddenly the elevator doors slid open and out walked you and your partner. You both made your way down the steps and into the office area in silence, only cracking a small smile when you first shook the hand of Derek Morgan.

"I'm agent (Y/L/N) and this is my partner agent Lansling." you introduced.

"Nice to meet you, I'm Derek Morgan, that right there is Miss. Penelope Garcia, and the one at his desk with the pouting face is Dr. Spencer Reid." Morgan introduced, pointing to each person as he said their name.

"Nice to meet you all, we both look forward to working with you." your partner smiled. You however wasn't paying any attention to what your partner was saying, your eyes were locked onto the 'pouting face' of Dr. Spencer Reid, a name you had heard before but never known the face of. When you had heard of him you expected an older person, but he seemed to be around your age.

"Is something wrong with him?" you asked after a moment of everyone standing in silence. Morgan turned and looked at who you were looking at before chuckling.

"No, he just doesn't like the big guns much, thinks you are all knuckleheads." Morgan explained. You had heard it all before. People thought that FBI hid behind their guns and that they were all just the meat heads that the government sent out when they needed some criminal to be brought in dead or alive. But you were different, and now you were determined to prove that you were.

"Ask me a question." you spoke up, walking over to Reid's desk after a moment of thinking to yourself.

"What?" Reid asked, confused by your demand.

"I love when she does this." you heard your partner chuckle from behind you.

"Come on boy genius, ask me anything, sports, science, math, history, art, anything you want." you said, crossing your arms and looking at Reid with a small smile on your face.

"Who won the Super Bowl in 1994?" you heard Derek ask from behind you.

"Dallas Cowboys won 30 to 13 against the Buffalo Bills. MVP was Emmitt Smith, the running back." you said, turning slightly so you could see Morgan's eyebrows raise.

"How many people are put to death only to be proven innocent after their execution?" Reid asked. To him sports were something that anyone could remember if they wanted to, some would even say it was fun to remember who won what. So he decided to ask you a harder question than what Derek had come up with.

"4% in the U.S." you responded quickly. You saw his eyebrows raise and you had known that you had proved him wrong. "Am I still a knucklehead?" you questioned. You watched Reid's jaw clench and release as he looked you up and down.

"No." he responded blankly, not wanting to give you the satisfaction of being dumbfounded. But you knew what your intellectual level did to him. It wasn't simply impressive in his mind, it was attractive.