Chapter 9 Pride & Greed

Third pov;

"You've been in a really good mood lately, Tsubakyun!" Belkia said as he, Otogiri, Ame and Shamrock are in a not so heated game of Mahjong with him losing. While Sakuya was mindlessly gazing out the window of hotel suite Tsubaki resided it as his home base. For the Eve of Melancholy was mindlessly listening to the male eighteen-year-old pianist; Licht Jekylland Todoroki.

"Maybe you're right. Pon." Replied Tsubaki and continued their game.

"We're blessed to see the smiling face of the young master every day." Said Shamrock.

"Pon," Tsubaki said once more.

"The young master cried out using one of my discarded tiles!" Shamrock spoke in a delightful voice.

"It's lame calling me 'young master.' So stop it, Shamrock." Tsubaki said with a exhausting sigh.

"Why say that? I think that it makes you sound dashing." Says his Eve defending Shamrock.

"Alright, here it comes!" Shouted Belkia thinking that he won the game-

"That's Ron. A high hand, being too careless is a problem." Stated Otogiri, deflating Belkia's sense of pride.

"Giri-Oto! You've been picking on me this whole time!" Belkia whined.

"12,000 points for me." She stated her winnings.

"~No need to be a sore loser, Belkia.~" Misaki said in a teasing manner.

"Mimi!" Belkia once again whined while having animated tears down his face. And calling Tsubaki's Eve by the nickname he addresses Misaki by and gave to her a few months ago.

"Hey Sham. How're things coming with my orders from last time?" Tsubaki questions Shamrock.

"Yes, do not worry, young master. Everything is in place and all is as you wish." Shamrock replied.

"I said stop calling me young master."

"More importantly, young master, mistress. Is it all right? That liar's betrayal is only a matter of time." Asked Shamrock to his vampire master and his female Eve, concerning about Sakuya's trust and reasonable punishment.

"HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! It's not interesting." Is what he said after laughing like a maniac once again and continued his conversation. "The eve of the festival is over. The war is about to start. We've to make things much more exciting. The fireworks? The stalls? The music and traffic control! Hurry up and take me to the festival, Brother! HAHAHAHAHA-ACK!!" Once more the young vampire laughed psychotically but immediately choked on his laughter.

"Young master?!" Shamrock expressed in a panic.

"Embarrassing." Said the remaining three subclasses and Eve as Tsubaki desperately asked for water.

<Time Skip>

Misaki's pov;

It's finally the end of my first year in high school. Summer break starts first thing tomorrow. (Seems like Mahiru and 'Sloth' are headed into the festival where Shamrock will plant the devices. However, it wasn't meant to be as the two are meeting Pride and his Eve.) I thought while looking from a faraway rooftop of a building with binoculars in my other hand. As it's another way for me to get a closer look at both of the fireworks since I asked Shamrock to set the bombs in secluded instead of public places instead. (I would've never known that Pride would show characteristics of a child cosplaying as a mini Dracula. It's actually pretty funny.)

I wonder what the other Servamps and their Eves are like. Sometimes I think of them as two sides of a coin, one that is dark; the servamp and the other which is light; the eve. However, they're otherwise light/dark situations such as C3. C3, the organization that specializes in vampire and in return hunting them. It sickens me really, especially to know that Ame was a specimen once upon a time used in their research. They think that vampires are the monsters, but to us, to them, they're the true monsters. Especially since they're the organization responsible for the death of Tsubaki's master, the other servamp's father.

—————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————

The Lawless of Greed. Another servamp and sibling to Tsubaki of who he hates. From what I've heard from other sources he's unstable, broken in another term as Greed is the only vampire to have a tendency in killing his Eve and then after a while gets another one. As his new Eve at the moment is the pianist Licht Jekylland Todoroki. One of my favorite musicians at that, although he considers himself as an angel with the servamps as demons. What a world that he might have to die sooner than expected.

Now it seems that Licht has a concert performing later tonight and so, Tsubaki sent his lower subclass members along with Otogiri, Shamrock, and Belkia as the entire audience to deal with the angel/devil duo. While the others and myself see to it that everything goes as planned. As it was Ame who's arranged a sponsorship of Licht's performance from the very beginning with him becoming Greed's Eve.

 As it was Ame who's arranged a sponsorship of Licht's performance from the very beginning with him becoming Greed's Eve

~This is the dress that Misaki wears to the auditorium but with a plain white masquerade mask to conceal her identity. And yes I know that it's someone cosplaying as Diva from the anime Blood+. P.S. one of my favorite shows.~

The stage and such were painted in blood, however, it was not the blood of our victims. For it was the blood of our kin that stains the wall with the crimson color. Instead of sorrow, I was angry, no angry doesn't begin to cover as I was furious from what transacted. All because of Greed, for he showed no moment of hesitation in butchering my family. According to Belkia who managed to escape and returned into his doll form with one of his limbs missing and the stuffing ripped out of him and Shamrock disclosing his injuries from the fight.

I'll gladly make him PAY! It's what clouded my mind as tears stained my cheeks and a red aura of embrittled fury embraced my body deep within my soul. As my poor Ame continued to pour all the guilt on himself and no one else as he cried with a sorrowful look upon his face saying I'm sorry repeatedly while staring up into the sky from one of the open windows.

——————————————————————————————————————————————————————––——————

"Good morning. Big brother number five." Tsubaki said in front of Greed with his face concealed within the shadows from the hallway.

"Was the concert fun for you tonight, Greed?" I said with a smile but filled with malice behind the little bastard.

Tsubaki; "~You may go in, you may enter.~"

"~Going in is easy, but returning...~" We sang as the two of us brought terror to his eyes as Ame and I held our swords against both sides of his neck for our eyes turned into a fearsome color of crimson. For Greed knew that the fate of melancholy was within our hands.