Chapter Two

A/N - THIS CHAPTER WENT A DIFFERENT ROUTE THEN I ORIGINALLY PLANNED, NOT SURE HOW I FEEL ABOUT IT. LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK. 

Peggy glances to Tatiana as Abraham and the two agents leave them alone, Tatiana stands from where she was sat and sighs letting out a breath. Peggy watches her as she starts to pace, almost as if she is a caged animal, and that's not far off of the problem. She is a caged animal. And that makes her far more dangerous.

"They're just.....concerned" Peggy offers, Tatiana turns to her.

"Right" she scoffs. "Because I'm the freak that requires leashing" Tatiana points out as she lets her fangs grow, she shoots Peggy a look and then lets them retract.

"I would never use that word" Peggy scolds looking to Tatiana. "You're unique in ways we don't understand and it makes us cautious of you" Tatiana scoffs and rolls her eyes.

"Whatever I am at least Schmidt was always honest about what he thought about me" Tatiana argues. "You and your people hide behind pretty words and charming smiles....and believe me to stupid to know what that means" she turns to Peggy. "They only bring you in when it's bad news and they're worried about my female emotions so spit it out, Peggy"

"They're not allowing you permission to attend the Expo," Peggy tells her. "Even with your father" Tatiana scoffs and turns away from her. Her jaw aching as she clenches her teeth together. These people control every inch of her life.

"Well," Tatiana starts and then nods a little. "I'm going anyway" Tatiana argues. "I'm sick of playing by your rules....sick of sitting aside, of being locked away, I can't even walk down the street....."

"Tatiana" Peggy starts. "Your relationship with Erskine can only protect you for so long"

"Yes, and I only put up with it this long for Abraham" she comments, her eyes shifting to the open window behind Peggy. "Because I owe him my life...But I'm done playing nice" she looks to Peggy. "I'm done being your pet"

"If you leave, they will consider this a breach of terms you agreed to" Peggy points out as Tatiana walks past her. "They could detain you, and not just in some apartment, I mean prison, real prison, Tatiana, or worse..." Peggy continues to talk but Tatiana is beyond listening now. She pounces out the window instead. Peggy sighs and shakes her head.

..............

Tatiana walks away from the apartment, hips swaying because now she's let it out, she does feel this fresh sense of freedom. Something she hasn't felt in so long. Not since before Schmidt. 8 years now she's been under the watchful eye of the SSR. She's reached her limit. She lets a rumble settle in her chest before she pounces, leaping up through the air to grab onto the fire escape. She's suddenly feeling very....feline. She pulls her legs over the edge of the escape and the prowls up the ladder. That sliver and promise of freedom runs through her and lights her up. She lets out a feline squeak and drops to all fours as she starts to pounce up the escape to the roof.

..............

Tatiana walks along the roof edge watching a figure below. Military dressed. Cap in place. Dark hair. Her target. His hands hold papers, clutching tightly to them. They are important then. She looks around before jumping between the buildings, her nails dragging down the wall to slow her before she reaches the bottom, her shoes silent on the concrete before she is moving, slipping out of the alley and into the street. She weaves through the small crowds and the occasional straggler to reach her military target. He's relaxed, calm, though there is a tense line to his shoulders. She closes in, a smile working onto her face. Her fingers graze the papers and she snaps, grabs them from his hand. He turns sharply to look at her. Blue eyes peer back, he tries to snatch at her wrist but she spins out of the way.

"Hey!" he shouts, she takes off at a jog, which appears like a run, given her enhanced speed she's learnt how to slow it down so she doesn't stand out too much around people. She likes to let them feel like they have a chance to catch her. He's behind her. Running to catch up. She looks back at him and then forward again as she turns a corner and speeds up a little. She ducks into an alley and presses herself against the wall, shifting into the shadows to wait for her pursuer to pass by. She glances down at the papers in her hands and reads what she can see. Her smile fades slightly. Her pursuer doesn't pass by the alley...He steps into the alley and looks around. She swats at his hand from the shadows, causing him to spin around, she snatches at her hand, twisting her wrist, she allows it. She purrs and smirks under her curtain of hair. "Hey" he states softer this time, maybe a little more familiar then strangers on the street. Her eyes flicker across his before she holds out the stolen papers to him, he takes them back from her.

"Not worth anything anyway" she comments with a smirk, he lifts his eyes to hers, hers sparkle with feline curiosity.

"Still worth enough to steal" he argues tucking them back into his jacket.

"Don't know what it is until I take it" she shrugs a little and then presses a finger to his chest, her eyes seem to dilate and then retract, he grabs her wrist to stop her. "So..." she draws off. "You're going to the front?" she asks. "Bad luck" she tries to keep it light.

"For them" he counters with a smirk. She lifts her eyes to his.

"For you", she argues stepping closer to him. She sets her hand on his chest and then draws it up to his shoulder. "Though I do like this uniform" she admits. He smirks and wraps his arm around her waist. Their eyes softer now, with recognition and friendship. "It's very....fetching" she purrs.

"Gotta say, Kitten, seeing you out in the day is a shocking experience" he comments looking over her. "You almost seem normal" she shoves at his chest a little. He grunts and then grabs her wrist. "The night visits have been fun, but this..." he sighs and smiles at her. "You're something else in the light" she rolls her eyes as he brushes her hair over her shoulder, his fingers graze her neck.

"You are completely corny" she comments, he shrugs.

"Works, doesn't it?" he asks leaning closer to her. "It's why night after night for the last year you've been sneaking into my bed..." she cocks her head.

"Maybe I just like that it's warm" she argues weakly, she straightens his jacket and tie. "But I guess I'll have to make do with my own now" she adds, he nudges his nose with hers.

"Goodbye, Tati" he whispers, she shrugs.

"Was fun whilst it lasted, Junior" she comments. He leans forward a little as if to kiss her, she presses her fingers to his lips. "Let's not do the kiss goodbye" she argues pushing him back.

"Handshake?" he asks teasingly holding out his hand to her. They share a look, she shakes her head and smirks before she takes his hand. He pulls her closer and kisses her, surprising her. He holds her hand between them, his free one raising to cup her cheek, his fingers threading through her hair to hold her to him.

"Now who's the thief" she whispers against his lips as she pulls back from him. She leans up and kisses his cheek. "Goodbye, Bucky," she tells him, a sliver of emotion escaping and then walks away. He touches his fingers to his cheek and smiles. Lifting his eyes he finds her gone. He hurries out into the street and looks around for her. But she's long gone. He can't help but smile though, his fingers touching his wrist, realizing his watch is missing.