prologue.

"Shawn Mendes the son of Manny Mendes has announced of their bankruptcy on Tuesday after his Father Manny Mendes got arrested on Saturday. His son announced that they planned to close 832 stores. It had renegotiated its debts in 2018 and plans on liquidating if it cannot be sold by February 17. It closed its online operation and began liquidating its brick-and-mortar inventory on March 7-"

"Why'd you turned it off? Do you know them, attorney?" you ask without even looking at mid 40's attorney beside you, it's your Father's best friend and attorney. "Not really but th-"

"Can I meet him! Or can you make me an appointment to them?" you asked without even thinking, as you look up straight to your attorney, "What for? I don't think that's necessary." He said shaking his head, you furrowed your brows "Why not?" You asked, shrugging your shoulder not even know what's the reason, he sigh as he pushes back his big glasses back through his face "Your father bought every single of their properties and you have all of them under your name." Your attorney exclaimed

"And?"

"Look they have nothing now and maybe they use you or jus-"

"I think they're not like that" you snap as you give your attorney your reassuring smile, "I wanna try to help him by offering him a deal or a job... And maybe by that he could help me to fix my problem you know? I'm just new in this industry so maybe he could help me?" You explained

After your Father died a month ago he gave you all the 70% of his properties, including cars, houses, money and his businesses. You're the only his biological daughter, but you didn't have a chance to know him. You grew up with your Mom and your three little siblings and a loving stepdad with a simple normal life, not a fancy one like this.

So you really don't know how to ran a business like this before and you really have no idea how to dress or act like a billionaire's, you're just too good and too humble.

The rest 30% is through his wife and her daughter(s) though, attorney explained that your Dad's wife have an affair with his driver so yeah.. Her kids are not his, they clearly just want money for him.