The first thing I did when I saw Mr. and Mrs. Miller was hug them both, which I've been doing a lot of these past 24 hours.

   Hayden welcomed himself into the hug as well, but I didn't complain.

   "How are you?" Hayden asked when we all pulled apart. "I was worried after the phone call..."

   After I collected myself when I abruptly ended the phone call by dropping it onto the floor, I texted Hayden to let him know I was functioning. Saying I was okay was a stretch, considering I wasn't okay, I'm still not, and probably won't be for a while. But I am functioning. I am able to pull myself out of bed and that counts for something.

   "How are you?" I asked instead. It's his brother. "I can't imagine—"

   "Josie, dear," Mrs. Miller smiled softly. "With all due respect, shush. You carried so much love in your heart for my son... you can imagine the pain we are feeling because you are feeling it too." She grabbed my hand and gave it a reassuring squeeze.

   I needed to hear that. I needed to hear that someone understood the level of pain my heart and soul is feeling.

   I am not alone through this.

   Mr. Miller distributed the information regarding Ian's funeral. It'd be this Saturday, two days from now, for an 8 hour viewing, and the service would take place at 3pm. We'd then have a luncheon here at Westchester's where the lounge will be set-up banquet style and the TV screen would broadcast a slideshow of pictures and videos of Ian's life.

   "Josie," Mr. Miller came up to me after explaining Saturday. "If you would like to, Ella and I would really like it if you wrote a eulogy."

   "Me? Why not Hayden?"

   "Oh, come on, sweetheart. The person who writes the eulogy is typically the one who loved him and understood him better than anyone. That was you to Ian. You are the best fit. But if you don't want to, I respect that."

    "I'll do it." It was one of those scenarios where my mouth just spoke before my mind had the chance to process it. I just agreed to talk about Ian's life in front of everyone that Ian had touched the lives of. I can write it, but speaking it...well, that'll be the hard part. For Ian though, I'll do anything.

   "The games about to be on," Anthony said, picking up the remote.

   All Joel's texts regarding the game had said, aside from the time and channel, was to get everyone to watch. I had no idea what he had planned.

   "Turn it up," Mason insisted.

   Everyone that is gathered at Westchester today was close with Ian. Ian's family is here, as is mine, and Mason, Noah and Andrea, and Kaila all came too. Obviously, Mr. Westchester and Caroline are here as well, but when aren't they?

   Joel came on the screen, clad in his football uniform. He usually doesn't play on TV for his semi-pro team, so I haven't watched him play since his senior season of college last year.

   "Hi, I'm Joel Addison. I'm the starting tight end for the Michigan Timberwolves. Tonight, before the performance of the national anthem, I'd like to talk about my friend, Ian Miller."

Mrs. Miller gasped, putting her hand over her mouth in shock. Tears immediately filled my eyes because of this amazing gesture of Joel's.

"In short, Ian Miller was a soldier in the U.S. army. He died in battle on April 8th 2023. Ian was a remarkable man, probably the best guy I've ever met and I'd only met him a few months ago. He was loved by every person he's met in life and will be missed dearly. His passion was fighting for this country so that we could do the things we love everyday, like play or watch football. So today, I am asking that we all stand for this anthem together, in honor of Ian Miller."