09| eins

"All these precious moments that we carved in a stone are only memories after all." - Shawn Mendes

*5 years ago*

   "Good morning, beautiful!" My favorite loud and obnoxious voice called as he swung open my bedroom door. This would've been annoying if it was actually morning, but it was 2pm on the Fourth of July so I was sitting at my vanity getting ready.

   "Hey, weirdo," I teased, spinning in my chair to face Ian.

   He was in a pair of khaki shorts and a plain white, v-neck T-shirt. His hair was spiked to its usual perfection. And as usual, he looked as good looking as ever.

   "Kiss?" He requested, bending down to meet my level. I giggled as I gave him a quick peck before I turned to continue my light face of makeup. No need to go overboard because I would just sweat it off or it would come off in the ocean or pool.

   Ian made himself comfortable on my freshly made bed, careful not to mess it up because he knows I'd fight him. I'm the only one that can mess up my made bed.

   "How long until you're ready?"

   "10 minutes?" I glanced at him through the mirror for a look of approval. He obviously wasn't going to say he's going to leave without me, but I had to make sure.

   "Alright, Papps."

~•~

   Some way, some how, we had managed to beat Mason and Kaila, who'd decided to drive together and separate from us. Usually they beat us places, because of me and my lack of time management

Unfortunately our spot on the beach wasn't that great since we all arrived later than most the guests. It wasn't that big of a deal, though, since we'd surely still be able to see the fireworks.

I was laying on my back in my bikini, letting the sun tan my skin while Ian was on his stomach next to me, reading a book.

Ian's love for reading is definitely something that always surprises people who just meet him. If you were to judge a book by its cover, you wouldn't imagine Ian to be a reader, but he reads like an alcoholic drinks. Not to sound cheesy, but it's so cute. I love hanging out with him and just watching him read.

   "Hey, party poopers," Mason's unmistakable voice shouted from right over our heads. I opened my eyes to see him standing over me, staring down at me.

   A true goof.

   "Hey, Mase," I said as I sat up. Ian didn't say anything for a second, probably finishing a line or a page, before he closed his book and put it in my beach bag.

   Ian stood up and did the weird bro-hug with Mason and gave Kaila a quick hug. I followed his actions of standing up, but gave them both hugs. I've attempted the bro-hug, but it's just weird. Definitely not for a sister.

   "Why were you guys so late?"

   Mason gave Kaila one look that said it all — she took forever to get ready. That's my best friend.

   "It's not my fault I was feeling rushed and kept forgetting stuff," Kaila defended herself, punching Mason's shoulder.

   Mason rose his eyebrows challengingly while Kaila crossed her arms over her chest. Ian and I were quick to intervene before they started feuding like brother and sister.

   "Drinks?" Ian suggested. The two nodded in agreement and we went to go find a cooler furthest away from adults.

   Mr. Westchester doesn't care much if we underage drink as long as we aren't blatant about it and we are responsible.