31 ❀ Off my rocker

Start from the beginning

I can't wait to be in the human world. When I've been feeling down these past few days, I daydream about what it will be like to live the life of a human.

There will be no Alpha to tell me what to do, no pack to boss me around and make fun of me, and I will be able to do whatever I want without consequence.

Okay, maybe that's not true, I know the humans have laws of their own, but I just don't know what they are. I've never really been taught anything about humans other than that they are weak, and apparently useless.

But if I trusted everything my Alpha said, than I'd be an idiot.

Most of the things I know about humans were from books, and since the books I read were often fantasy I'm not quite sure what to take as gospel truth.

Some of the other things I know about humans are the few movies my Aunt snuck in for us. I can still remember the awe I had while watching High School Musical, which remains a favorite to this day.

The human world would take some getting used to, but I'm sure after a while I will come to love it more than the life I've left behind.

Whatever the other world has to offer has to be more forgiving than what I have experienced thus far.

But, I have to give the rogue girl more time to make herself known. I will have a much better chance of making it out there if I have her to help guide me.

     Who knows, maybe I can do this on my own. I have done just fine so far, and it feels great to be independent and not rely on anyone but myself. It's really eye-opening to be on your own.

Maybe being kicked out of the pack was a good thing, and maybe this is the change I needed to get my life started. Like, really started.

I spend that morning like I spend most mornings, I go out to go looking for food, something to sustain me through the day. I track for a while, finding a mouse, but ignoring it in search of something bigger.

Then I continue my journey into the woods, feeling the wind rush through my fur, the ground pound beneath my paws as I connect with nature.

I am lucky enough to stumble upon a small deer. It's a doe, she is absolutely beautiful standing in the white flurries, sniffing around the dead grass that is covered in a sheen of white crystals.

Getting in a stance to pounce, I hide behind a tree, bowing down close to the ground as I creep towards her, my eye on the prize. My stomach rumbles inside me to remind me of what is on the line.

     Survival.

Then, I charge. Sprinting towards the doe, I sink my teeth into her neck, taking her life before she knows what's happening . I don't want her to suffer, I just need a meal. It isn't anything personal.

As J stare down at the corpse, a bit of sadness goes through me at the loss of a life, but also thankfulness to the meal Moon Goddess for providing for me. It seems that lately she is more fond of me than usual.

The deer is not small enough for me to carry back to my den, so I eat most of it where it is.

After a few days of not eating, it tastes amazing and I can't help but savor every last bite that I am capable of eating, which happens to be a lot. Who knew when the next meal will come along?

When I'm done I take a leg with me, it's handy to have some leftovers every now and then. So I carry the leg in my mouth happily towards my home sweet home.

It's a well deserved lunch, and it fills up my stomach nicely. I am content when I finally land in my den, dropping the slim leg in the very back of the hole.