Chapter 8: Trouble Is Over

"Ran?"

"Ran. Wake up."

Ran slowly opened her eyes and she's surrounded with Uncle, Aunt Eri, Sonoko, Professor Agasa and Inspector Megure.

"Ran, do you know who I am?" asked Uncle.

"Dad?" she replied

"Oh thank goodness." said Aunt Eri in a relief.

"Mom, you're here."

"Hey, Ran. You made me so worried." said Sonoko.

Ran turned to Haibara.

"Ai-chan? Why are you here?" she asked.

"She was lost in the building and wandered up to the top of the building." said Inspector Megure, "Hairi, who was with you, entrusted you to her and went back to the building. She said that the police helicopter would arrive soon, so it'll be alright."

"I see." said Ran, "W-what about Shinichi?"

No one answered her question as everyone was silent and seemed that they're mourning of something.

"Where's Shinichi?" asked Ran.

"Ummm...if you're looking for Kudo-kun, he's on another case..." replied Megure.

"He's dead." Uncle told her.

"What?"

"That bastard's dead." he said bluntly, "H-he died."

"That can't be. That's a lie, right?" No one replied. Everyone mourned of my presumed death as Sonoko's and Aunt Eri's eyes began to water but Ran was also in a verge of tears.

"No. I can't be true..." sobbed Ran, "I believed that...he'll come back. I believed him."

Ran began to cry as she knelt down the ground. Haibara turned away and her eyes also began to water.

'Kudo-kun.' she thought. Then, Haibara saw a phone vibrating. Haibara wiped off her tears.

"Your phone. It's vibrating." said Haibara to Ran, "I think someone's calling."

Ran quickly grabbed her phone.

"Hello?! Shinichi?! It's you, Shinichi, right?"

"You know me so well." I replied.

Yup. I'm still alive. Like I said: I'm the unbeatable great detective and I can't die so easily. Everyone was shocked that it's unbelievable that I survived the explosion.

"Thank goodness. You're alive." said Ran in a relief, "You... idiot!"

"What?! How? That bomb blew up just now." said Megure, "I don't believe it!"

"Impossible!" cried Uncle, "How could he survived the explosion?"

"I'm alright and don't call me an idiot." I said to Ran.

"Idiot. Idiot! Idiot! Idiot! Idiot, idiot, idiot, IDIOT!!!" cried Ran.

"Oi, oi!"

"W-what about Hairi-san? Is she alright?" she asked. Haibara made a clearing throat sound so that I could hear her that she's with them.

"Oh... yeah." I replied, "She's alright. Those people were scared of the police and ran away."

"Shinichi, I want to see you." said Ran, "I want to see you now."

"I'm sorry, Ran." I replied, "After I brought her to a safe place, there will be another case. I have so much work to do. But don't worry. Someday, I'll come back... to see your foolish face."