Chapter 3: Back To Actual Age

During the competition, Agasa suddenly received a call from someone else.

"Yes? This is Agasa. Sh-Shinichi...? O-okay, I'm coming for you."

And that someone else is no other than me. Agasa hanged up the phone and left the buffet. Ran noticed that the professor left, as she was in a state of confusion.

"I wonder what he's up to?" puzzled Ran.

Meanwhile, Agasa arrived to see us.

"Are you really Ai-kun?" he asked as he stared at Haibara's true form.

"Can you stop staring me, Professor?" she said.

"Oh, uhh... Although, I know the truth but to see the truth about you." said Agasa, "Somehow, I feel like saying 'nice to meet you' in that form of yours."

"Well then, you must say 'it's been a long time' to me, eh?" I said as I went out the room, wearing a Teitan High School uniform and a pair of sneakers from the laundry room.

"Shinichi-kun." said Agasa looking surprised at me.

"Lucky that there are spares for me. I almost needed a girl's dress if was with her in the changing room."

"Oh well, that's too bad. I wanted to see you in girl's clothes if you're with me. It'll look good on you." joked Haibara or should I say Shiho.

"Shut up."

"How did this happened, Shinichi-kun?" asked Agasa.

"First of all, it's the same as the Baigar." I replied, "Because of the effects of the liquor, I was able to change back to my original form. By the way, Haibara has transformed back into this form so we shouldn't let anyone see her. Professor, please bring her away quickly."

"But Shinichi-kun, wouldn't that be the same for you?" asked Agasa.

"I can't go home." I replied.

"So that means are you gonna see your pretty girlfriend?" joked Shiho.

"You fool. It's that blackmail of course." I replied, "Until the party ends peacefully, I'll be here."

"We don't know the effects of the liquor in the cake." said Shiho, "But I don't know when you'll change back to your child form."

"I know that." I replied

"If that's the case..."

"No matter how dangerous it is, I won't run away from a case which it's right in front of me." I said, "It's my nature as a detective. Professor, I'll leave Haibara to you."

"Got it." he replied.

"Okay, disguise." I put on my glasses before leaving to the investigation, "Gotta go."

"I should go too, then." said Agasa, "You better wait here. I'll be right back."

The first part was thirty minutes. The contenders will be on stage. During that time, I'm going to check out the hotel... for anything suspicious. On the 20th floor, Kotobuki Karen's room has been locked. Opposite to her room is the head of the committee's room. What a simple human relationship. On the 10th floor, rooms were for the use of the rest of the contenders. And to get onstage, the staff carries the pass. 'If that blackmail is true, where would that culprit came from?'

Later, the first part is over and next is their performance which it'll begin about in forty minutes. Ran left the stage, heading towards Sonoko. There, she acted a little charming to the "handsome" waiter. This is what Sonoko do when it comes to men.

"Ah, Sonoko."

"Yeah?"

"Where are they? They haven't come back here yet."