Chapter 5

Everybody had arrived to their Community's base, after the Game with Forres Gallow. Yō was resting on a bed in an empty guest room. She has a pink armband attached to her arm, so she could recover.

Calico cat laid next to her worried and looked after her. Izayoi, Black Rabbit and Seiji were at the meeting room.

Izayoi and Seiji sat on the couches and Black Rabbit stood next to them.

Izayoi: How's Kasukabe doing?

Black Rabbit: She'll need some time to recover but she'll be all right.

Seiji: Good thing it wasn't a serious wound.

Izayoi leaned against the backrest in relief. Black Rabbit jumped close to Izayoi and was delighted.

Black Rabbit: Izayoi-san!

Izayoi: Hm?

Black Rabbit: I heard it from Young master Jin! You're going to fight for us in a Game to take back one of our members, right?

Izayoi: Yeah. I made a promise with him.

Seiji: Why haven't I heard of this?

Izayoi: You weren't with us when we had our man-to-man talk.

Izayoi stopped leaning against the backrest and glared at Black Rabbit. He was interested in the former Demon King.

Izayoi: So what kind of person is this "ex-Demon King"?

Black Rabbit's eyes sparkled and were excited to talk about the former Demon King.

Black Rabbit: She is amazing! Her name is Leticia-sama. She is senior to me, is very wise, and has taught me so many things!

Black Rabbit's face saddened.

Black Rabbit: However, as the Community collapsed, a Demon King seized her...

Izayoi: ...and now she's the prize for a Gift Game, right?

Black Rabbit: Yes.

Seiji was confused.

Seiji: Then why was she here yesterday?

Black Rabbit: But now, we'll be able to bring her back. You'll definitely be able to win this Game!

Izayoi: Wouldn't you be able to do it without my help?

Black Rabbit: I can't. Rabbits possess Judge's authorities, so they must fulfill certain conditions before participating in a Game.

Izayoi: Hmm... Is that how it is...

Black Rabbit: I'll go make some tea.

After Black Rabbit left the room, Izayoi looked at the window.

Izayoi: By the way, the person who is peeking over there. Don't you think it's a bad hobby?

Leticia: What a surprise.

Wooden roots started to grow and pushed the windows open, creating a big gust of wind. The roots crawled inside the room and in front of the window stood Leticia. Seiji was about to say something but was stopped by Leticia's stare.

Leticia: You could sense my presence?

Izayoi: Yeah, though I didn't expect a pretty girl like you. Seiji is she the loli you met?

Seiji: Yep.

Izayoi stood up and smirked.

Izayoi: You helped Gard, right? What do you want?

Leticia: I can't answer. I'm running out of time!

Izayoi and Leticia stared each other in the eye until Leticia's eyes started to glow crimson red. The roots nearby her attacked Izayoi. Izayoi smirked again and punched the roots. The punch made a huge explosion alerting everyone awake.