Chapter 1

It was early summer.

Izayoi Sakamaki was enjoying the sweet fragrance of early summer at the riverbank. Admiring the sun, he muttered to himself.

Izayoi: Ah, found a dark spot. Maybe the sun really is entering a glacial period.

His motto was "The heavens did not create man above myself" and he seemed to prefer global warming to global cooling.

He had no inclination to go to school, so instead, he tried to think of ways to play around at the riverbank while still wearing a uniform, but any he could think of would be embarrassing if seen by strangers. And if he were to be seen by someone he knew, they would end up pointing a finger at his back afterwards for sure.

Izayoi: There's gotta be something fun going on.

Taking off his headphones, he heard the voices of a group of delinquents standing around wearing long coats with "Fighting Spirit" written on them. In the middle, there was a boy being beaten up by them and forced to kneel and apologize.

Delinquent 1: Hey, this is terrific, this guy is really crying. Disgusting, let's throw him into the river to get him clean.

Delinquent 2: Then let's make him jump in butt naked, with both his hands and legs tied up!

Boy: Hiii.....!

The boy was trembling in a squatting position. Izayoi Sakamaki slowly sat up and started talking to the group that was still kicking and hitting the boy a few dozen meters away.

Izayoi: Aaah, I'm bored. Really bored. If I could sell my boredom, I'm confident I could make a living. Hey, dumb looking fools over there, how about you provide me some entertainment and I will reward you with a nice long-term vacation at the hospital.

Delinquent 3: Come on, take off your clothes fast and jump into the river already!

Delinquent 4: Let's at least tie his hands together. As long as his legs are free, he won't die.

Boy: Help me........ Help me... Help me... 

There was no reaction to Izayoi Sakamaki's words. It was to be expected.

He didn't yell at them and just spoke as if to someone right beside him. There was no way his words could have reached them; they just got carried away by the wind instead. Because of the beating, he'd taken, the boy's face was quite unsightly. He was covered in dirt, tears, and nasal fluids.

Izayoi: ................

Izayoi Sakamaki stood up without saying a word.

He picked up a few palm-sized stones from the ground, then started throwing them while yelling.

Izayoi: Let me in on the fun too!

The impact of the stone blew away the whole riverside. That's not a figure of speech. There's no need for rectification.

Exactly as described, the stone flew at the stupidly high speed of the Third Cosmic Velocity, and with a thunderous roar and huge cloud of dust, blew away the delinquents, the boy, and the riverside alike.

Delinquent 1: Arghh!

Delinquent 2: It-It's Izayoi Sakamaki! Everyone, run for it!

Boy: He-Help...

Izayoi: I'll keep 'em coming!

The stones continued to fly, accompanied by resounding laughter, and left craters upon impact, just like a bombardment would. Both the delinquents and the bullied boy ran away, terrified.