Ch. 16

< -- sixteen -->

< -- sixteen -->

· ·

The last day of school finally came and went.

I was finally a senior soon to be graduate and college student but first I had to deal with the small matters at hand . . . like my birthday bash in two months . . . like my parents deciding whether or not to go through with their divorce . . . like my parents deciding if they should tell Eloise that she's adopted . . . like getting Ethan in shape to throw his own punches when Griffin tried to bully him . . . like Neema telling me about our past and if I was going to try to get her to stay with me now that the school year was over and Derrick was no longer a problem.

Setting down her cookies and cream milkshake Neema thanked me scooping off the whipped cream and cherry into a napkin bawling it up. Stirring the rest of the shake she pulled out a six pack of oreos crushing the cookies before pouring the crumbs in the milkshake stirring again.

"You know I could have just asked for extra cookies and creme."

"Please," she scoffed, "the milkshake was already seven dollars. The pack of oreos was four quarters from the ninety-nine cent store. I saved money, trust me."

Sending a text Friday night Neema asked me to meet her at the arcade to have our talk. Playing my boyfriend role to the T the school year was now over and I wanted answers. With only a few hours before Kelsey's party I still needed three of the four hours to talk myself into going before trying to talk Ethan into going with me.

Bring my attention back to Neema I was proud of myself for keeping my jaw off the floor seeing her outside of uniform and not in gym clothes. When she stepped out of her car the scratchless screen to my phone was on the line.

Beige . . . never knew I would like something that reminded me of sand but they way her top fit around her breast dried my throat like swallowing a spoon full sand. Blue jean shorts that covered her belly button the end of her top stopped just underneath her breast leaving a gap of skin to be kissed. Brown legs exposed to the blazing afternoon sun shined as if they had some kind of oil on. An oversized wind blazer covered her shoulders and an ass that I was dying to see.

Unsure of why she wore a jacket in the heat I now realized why she did so in the air conditioned arcade. Pulling from the straw from her mouth she licked the remaining from her glossed lips tightening the muscles in my stomach. She was definitely doing something to me.

"I'm guessing you're ready for an explanation now, huh?"

"It would be nice."

Taping my prosthetic fingers one by one I watched her scratch under the silver flower headband, rub her arms, lick her lips once more fidgeting with the smallest things looking at everything except me.